Is my computer under attack???

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cheater87, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Comodo has blocked 15 attempts so far today and 300 something yesterday. This is the first time I have seen activity in the Firewall in months.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

1. Are you behind a Router ?

2. If so is there anyone on your network that is new like a new computer a friend anything like that.

3. what is it stoping is it all coming from the same address need more info

If your behind a router and lets say someone new got on the network it could simply be blocking Netbois or some form of broadcasting. Comodo is highly sensitive.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My sister got a Mac a couple days ago. That is the only new computer connected to the network. We are behind a router. My laptop is shut down right now and I'm about to leave for work. I'll get the IP when it happens again.

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I believe some vendors go wrong way trying to impress the users. They report a lot of blocked attacks that never actually were real attacks. But it may well be that you experienced real attack. Nobody can say anything coming only from the figures. Post, please, info that made you think you are attacked (fw logs, popup messages etc).

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

it sounds like the Mac is just broadcasting and Comodo is bein to sensitive with you being behind a router nothing should be Pinging you in the first place. so I would not worry about attack. so much as I believe its just the mac broadcasting its signal on the network.

6. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi cheater87,

The firewall is seeing the new computers attempted connections (which are probably just searches or such as netbios) as attacks.
    That is actually normal unless you allow the LAN as trusted.

- Stem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.