is kerio 2.1.5 obsolete

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by lasu, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasu

lasu Registered Member

hi to all,
    personally i have just one popup each time i go online since i dropped norton fw yrs ago. the pic is from sygate and im getting basically the same popup w/kerio but i have it setup that way so i dont mind. i only allow it when i go to ms updates or update windows defender otherwise its a quick deny and its gone.
    forget the arrows/numbers, the pic is off my site.
    L

Attached Files:

2. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I've had a number of instances where the MD5 verification failed and updated programs were allowed access. Sometimes it would notice 5 minutes after the program started and pop up an alert. The biggest reason I stopped using 2.15, however, was the notorious blue screen problem with fwdrv.sys. A great firewall but it was sorely in need of an update.

3. test4

test4 Registered Member

That's funny, I posted about the same problems earlier in this thread and I removed 2.1.5 for the same reason. However, you'll find no support here. For some reason (most) people here assume, or rather are convinced, the user is to blame instead of the firewall.
    But don't despair, I know you're right. :D

4. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Hi... Could you tell me more about this blue screen? I never see any !? I'm on XPSP2. How does it happen?

Thanks

5. noway

noway Registered Member

Since you both have the fwdrv BSOD and unreliable md5 checking maybe the two problems are related and it could be that the fw is incompatible with both your systems for whatever reason. It wouldn't be the first time. I'm sure both of you have no remnants of other firewalls on your system including checking for obsolete hidden devices (non-plug and play drivers) in device manager and checking registry. I make sure of this myself by only installing one firewall at a time using a clean (never had a firewall installed EVER) drive image. It could be related to other drivers or hardware. I certainly believe you both but also believe that most others may never have that happen to them.

6. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.