Is it worth upgrading

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DazUK, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DazUK

DazUK Registered Member

I have TI v7 build 613 and am considering upgrading to the latest edition to use with Windows xp sp2, wondered what your thoughts are?

Coming from Ghost I am very very nervous about running backups through windows!

Daz

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello DazUK

Welcome to the Acronis True Image Forum.

If you're currently using TI 7 and can successfully create & restore images then you should have no problem with TI 8 Build 774. When you purchase and download TI 8 it'll probably be an earlier build (don't ask me why!!), which you will need to register and then update. Don't forget to create a new Boot Rescue disk each time you update to a new build.

The concensus of opinion on this Forum is that TI 8 Build 774 seems to be the best version to date.

Regards

3. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

Keep in mind, you do not have to create your images within windows. If you are coming from ghost, and liked booting with the ghost floppy, you can do the same with TI 8, using the rescue CD. I agree with Menorcaman, TI8 build 774 seems to have fixed most annoyances I was having with the software.

Tipton

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

DazUK, Acronis True Image 7.0 and 8.0 does support Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows XP. Please note that in the meantime Acronis company maintains these versions at the same time. So it's up to you to decide whether you need to purchase an upgrade or not.

Menorcaman,
    "it'll probably be an earlier build (don't ask me why!!)" - we have resolved this problem. As I have already posted on this forum our online store (http://www.acronis.com/sales/online/ or http://www.acronis.com/sales/e5/) is based on Digital River or Element 5 sales system. Starting from now we will update our products on their servers regularly. For instance, in the meantime Acronis True Image 8.0 has the 774 build on their servers.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Andrew,

Many thanks for that info, which is good news but not before time!! I queried this problem in an earlier post dated 3 September. Still, better late than never as they say :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.