is it working for me?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rbig, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbig

rbig Registered Member

Just started with Avast. I don't see it doing anything on my pc. Is this normal? It could well be doing it's job. It doesn't sign incoming or outgoing mail. The logo is on Destop. Is it normal not to know it's there? Just curious.

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Icon in system tray ??

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Icon should show in system try, when activity are done like open your browser the little avast ball should spin briefly,that means its scanning.If you just installed it you need to reboot for completion.Then it should appear system try and show activity.You will have to blue balls in the sytem try you can merge them by right click.

4. rbig

rbig Registered Member

No signs of it in tool tray or scanning. I'll try rebooting right now and see if that changes it. Thanks.

5. rbig

rbig Registered Member

Hey---great. Got a neat little world with "A" in it circling around in tool tray.

Thanks for the info.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Your welcome and one other thing you should do is a boot scan before windows starts.which it should have asked from the end install If answer yes, it would have booted a scan then restarted and everything would have been running.You can and should do a boot scan.I believe located top left there to open that bar window, you should see about halfway down boot scan.This will reinsure any nasty that may or may not be there has a chance of being removed before its starts running.regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.