is it safe to use X-RAY PC SPYWARE REMOVER?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Takes the best aspects of the HiJackThis concept and links it up to the SpywareGuide database. The result is something like a systems management tool with a built-in expert system. Lists active processes. List autostarting programs. Lists BHOs, Download Program Files, IE Extension plugins, etc... Shows file size and MD5 of all files instantly. One-Click "Triage" : shows which items are "good", "bad" or "unknown." Integrated file-uploader. Integrated deactivation and removal of an item or file. Can kill running processes (within the limits of the OS security model). Can delete in-use files (after reboot). Can export the log file in text form, Excel format and in HJT-compatible format. Detects hundreds of suspicious programs.

is it safe to try this?
    http://www.x-raypc.com/

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used it and didn't see any thing really wrong with it but there are other tools out there also. I did like the ability to shut down running processes such as a trojan with it. As with any tool that you can remove registry or OS system files with you have to use a bit of caution with it.

bigc

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, BigC. i might try it. :D

4. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

what I don't like is the fact that much of the listed processes and autostarts are "undetermined" in "triage" - much like The Ultimate Troubleshooter but probably worse

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.