Is it safe to disable all the protection when you install a new App?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by T772, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T772

T772 Guest

Just wondering? Or is it just possible to just disable the execution protection only?

T772

2. tonyl

tonyl Registered Member

Hi t772, Only disable PG if you trust the app your installing 100%. I right-click the tray icon,and disable protection.

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Tom & Happy New Year,

Yes! I always place PG in "learning mode" & remove all the checks from "global protection options." After the install & or re-boot, I enable PG's protection. I also disable RegDefend to install a new application.

Take care

And now back to the soggy Tournament of Roses

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    As a longtime user of ProcessGuard, everytime I installs a new program I set it into learning mode to avoid pop-ups coming out. This could be the first option... as I wrote letter to DCS and ask bout this, they said that its ok even if its not in a learning mode, just allow it when it ask you. And also they added that when installing program/s like Firewall, Anti-virus, or programs that affects operating system, or upgrading (example) from SP1 into SP2 then you have to disable ProcessGuard to avoid possibility of some conflicts. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  5. T772

T772 Guest

Hi guys, will be member in the next few days, oh and by the way ''happy new year'', hope you had a goof Xmas, tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.