Is It Safe Even Though I Plug It In This Way To My Laptop?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by sooflymami, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

when i plug in the telephone looking cord and attach it to the back of the laptop hole, i have to twist it since it's supposed to be plugged in upside down. but the opposite end of that same cord, it's attached to the router modem straight, not upside down. so basically both of the sides are plugged into the different machines opposite sides. do you think any part of my computer like the hole where that cord is plugged in upside down shouldn't damage inside the hole or anything even though it's attached that way? Its been attached for days. im just wondering because when i plugged it in today it didnt make that clicking sound whe i plugged the cord inside the hole. but it does connect me to the internet and stuff. so basically both ends of the cord is plugged in opposite way to other devices. do you think it shouldnt damage anything even though if the cord wants to twist the original way while its plugged into the laptop?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Soofly wants to know if doing this will damage her port on the laptop.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

A phone cord shouldn't have enough torque to damage the computer port.

4. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

wut about the hole where its plugged in? because the cord would be pushing since it wants to go back the original side since just that part where i plug in i had to twist it a little for it to plug it in? do you think it should be ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.