Is it really worth the hastle.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tinku, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuttle

tuttle Guest

What does a power failure, or whatever, have to do with it? If the power fails while imaging in Windows, why can't you just reboot and begin writing a new image again?

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Many things can go wrong under those circumstances, plus I already said it was my personal preference. The fact that ATI images in Windows has no appeal to me (in fact most imaging apps do it as well now). The bottom line is that ATI works flawlessly for me. I've used Drive Image with its Caldera DOS emulation, Ghost with its quirks (plus the name Symantec is synonymous to garbage to me) and I found that I like ATI better than the rest. My method has been foolproof so far, so why change it. I live a leasure filled life, so waiting 5 minutes to image my system is quite fine with me.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, sandokan

I agree with you on using the BootCD when either creating or restoring an Image, there is little chance of any interference other then a power outrage.

But some people need to use it in Windows to do an incremental Image when they are not at their station.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I use an external USB hardrive for my TI backup images and it works well. The external drive is usually disconnected unless I need something off it.

A case to show how effective TI can be. I just built a PC with Windows 98 on it for a friend. (Cheapo first PC) Having installed all the software I connected my external USB drive to the PC which did not recognise it. I booted from the TI bootable CD and TI saw the USB drive and I was able to create an image of the Win98 PC onto the USB drive.

I do not use the SZ but with the USB drive there is no need to IMHO.
    John

5. tuttle

tuttle Guest

If we decide to always boot from the Recovery CD prior to imaging, and for restoring, is there any need to install True Image on the PC?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tuttle,

In this case there is no need to install Acronis True Image. However, you will need to have up-to-dated Acronis Bootable CD. To create the CD you will have to install Acronis True Image. Also please note that Acronis Bootable CD is a part of Acronis True Image and therefore according to End-User License Agreement you are allowed to use the single license on not more than a single computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.