Is it really true that there are only 2 AV that supports 64bit?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    If i recall it right someone on the other thread posts said that there are only two anti-virus that supports 64bit system, and that is Avast! and NOD32. :eek:
    And if ever there were a 64bit virus made only these two antivirus can detects or disinfects them. :doubt:

What's your techno expert opinion on this? o_O

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/hells/more2/3_8_8.gif

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

There's AVK too on the list :D

Cheers,
    nicM

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Sweater,
    I hope your OS isn't winXP 64-bit, because there aren't many 64-bit security software available yet.
    Using a new OS too early is usually a nightmare, unless you like problems.

4. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

Symantec also has 64-bit for its corporate antivirus.

5. Ceni_Ele

Ceni_Ele Guest

yes also Bitdefender has 64-bit!

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i read the resident scanner wont work tho and its sys requirements dont mention 64-bit.

supposedly mcafee's corporate av also supports 64-bit but im not entirely sure

7. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Yes, there are only a few mentioned here in this thread that I found yet to support x64. I have been using Avast! since the release of x64 and up till last week or so with the latest update that is now causing me problems, I never had any issues with it and I actually like it pretty well. I tried Nod32 but I did not personally care for it and chose Avast.

I think it is really nutty that x64 XP has been final release since April last year and still not hardly any security apps are out for it. I could understand the first few months after release but almost 9 months have passed now and some vendors have since released brand new versions of their apps with still only x32 support. Really short sighted and it will eventually end up hurting them in the long run when better x64 apps come along and they have to start at ground zero coming late to the party. I applaud Alwill for release x64 compatibility in Avast! right from the beginning. One of the reasons I will support them by buying their products in the future.

8. Patrician

Patrician Registered Member

The next version of KAV/KIS will have 64bit support. The open beta already has. Seems to work pretty well with the exception of the HTTP monitor which doesn't seem to be functional yet in 64bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.