Is it possible to write a plugin to include Ewido in Bart PE boot CD

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I think the title says it all.
    Is it possible to create a plugin like this? I assume since running online scanner is possible, writing a stand-alone utility to be used as plugin is possible?
    Regards,
    Mrk

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

If you look into the Online Scanner beta thread, you will see I mentioned using Ewido Micro in Windows PE, it works AS long as you start networking at boot, or before you launch the application, and you have defined your %temp% directory as a ramdrive. In my environment, B: is mapped as the %temp%, I used a self extracting RAR to copy the needed files over to the ramdrive, I also copy the latest signature downloads over during the build process thus reducing the online download time, but slightly increasing the load time of the program in a PE environment.

I know you were more than likely asking for the full version of Ewido, but in our case for the sake of size and load time, we chose the Ewdio_Micro.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.