Is it possible to restore a backup to a different sized hard drive ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Arnaud, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnaud

Arnaud Guest

Hello,

My context:
    I've got two laptops, say laptop A and laptop B. Laptop hardware is exactly the same except the hard drive : hard drive A is 30 Gb and hard drive B is 80 Gb.

I need to switch hard drives... and having as a result hard drive A in laptop B but with the content of hard drive B, and vice-versa. Of course, the 80 Gb is not full yet - less than 20 Gb used...

My question :
    It is of course possible to make a backup of both hard drives into an external USB hard drive, but is it possible to restore content of a 30 Gb (hard drive A) into a 80 GB ?? sounds logic... but I prefer to ask the question before...

Arnaud

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Arnaud,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, it is possible, but we strongly recommend you to use "Clone Disk" wizard. When you clone the disk you may choose two ways of cloning: automatical and manual. In the first case the space will be distributed proportionally among the partitions. The second way is recommended only for professionals and allows you to manage partitions in the way you need. Please see the User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.