Is it ok to exclude music folders from scans?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mr_yoda, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I'm running Eset Smart Security v3.0.684.0 on windows xp and just have a question regarding scans (probably a bit daft but not sure). What i'm wondering is whether it's ok to exclude my music folder from on-demand scans.

I've got about 25Gb worth of music stored on my hard drive and it would save time if this folder wasn't scanned. How likely is it that a virus or malware is going to be in this folder?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Sorry to answer this way but it depends. Depends on what you may ask? Well it depends on where you get your music from and perhaps on what security products you were using when you downloaded the vast majority of the music keeping in mind no Av or spyware scanner is 100%. Me, I'd probably scan it as sites sometimes can be compromised.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

4. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I think i'll keep it in the scan. I just thought that files with mp3 extensions would be harmless, better to be safe than sorry though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.