Is it just me or is Ff3 getting faster with use?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

It just seems to be zooming anymore. I keep it clean by deleting the sandboxed sessions and with CCleaner, so it's not like it's caching my sites.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

In all honesty to me it's no faster than FF2, it just doesn't have all the memory issues and stalls I and others had with FF2. Maybe it is faster, I just can't tell myself.

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

That was actually my initial impression also. Now...I'm not so sure!

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ff3 is crazy fast for surfing,

its getting much closer to safari for surfing speed.

5. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Yes, when I first switched from Fx2 I couldn't believe at it's speed! I even tried an alpha version of v 4.0, (don't remember where I got it, was without installation, in an archive) and was like going from Fx2 to Fx3, so...even faster!

6. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

It is a bit faster than ff2, as if a small lag no longer exists. One click faster :)

7. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

To me its getting slower as time goes on.

I installed on download day. I'm not sure if its Firefox, or if it is my ISP getting slow (never had a problem with them and speed before).

It just seems that I'm spinning my wheels waiting for pages to load. On download day it was "instant."

8. L815

L815 Guest

It feels just a tad bit faster than FF2. Maybe it's just because I use Opera which is blazing fast.

9. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Have you been installing/un-installing quite a few add-ons and such? I hear that can gunk up your profile folder and COULD cause slowness (I say could because I'm not sure if a profile has anything to do with speed in Firefox).

Edit: Oh, also, are you using SandboxIE? I've found that after a long time of using SandBoxIE (on my own system mind you, results may vary) my browsing in any browser starts slowing down over time, including page loading delays and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.