Is Imon acting up on my PC?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have been using NOD for almost a year now, configured it to Blackspears settings and have not had any problems. I even had IMON set to higher efficiency without any issues to Opera or FF as my browsers.
    However for the past few days I noticed that my browsing experience has become very sluggish, with many sites (incl. this forum) not loading up properly but timing out. The reason I am thinking it is related to Imon is that my pc is connected via a LAN and other PC on the same network (like the one I am using now) don't show any issues (this one has a different AV).

I checked my Imon settings and tried to change these to higher compatibilty but that did not change anything. I then tried (for testing purposes) to exclude Opera.exe from being scanned in Imon. Strangely enough Imon ignored my request as I could see the files were still being scanned.

I thought about the firewall acting up but there are no blocked entries in the firewall traffic log. I can see the sites listed as allowed and both Opera and FF has full rights.

Perpaps someone else has some ideas? Any issues with recent updates/upgrades or suggestions on how to test further Imon? I have done full scans with NOD and an AT but nothing is being flagged there either.

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Did you try to disable IMON and then access pages? Notice any differences?

3. beethoven

Brian, I just did this and I now think the problem lies elsewhere.
    Yes, with Imon disabled surfing was a bit faster but some sites still caused problems in either not loading or being very slow even with Imon disabled.

I now suspect that the problem is related to the cable network backbone as it affects mainly US sites. Having talked to Optus support, they admitted that they had a few problems and are working on it but did not think that that it related to my situation. Anyone based in Australia using Optus cable experiences the same (sites like godaddy, slate, washington post or this forum)?

4. Brian N

Using a firewall/router? And if so, which one?

5. beethoven

Netgear Router and Sygate Firewall - however as mentioned in my original post, I don't think these are the culprits as it only affects some sites.:oops:

6. Brian N

Just trying to get some specs, nothing to fear :)
    Need specs to figure out the problem (or trying to :) )

7. Brian N

And as I can see in you earlier post, it won't save your settings.
    Probably a read/write error to the registry, this can happen if you use a reg-cleaner.

You could try:

1. Uninstall NOD32, delete the program files/Eset folder, Reboot
    2. Install NOD32, reboot
    3. Configure it again

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

FWIW, I was having some slowdowns earlier. I don't think it is NOD related. Everything seems normal now.

9. Brian N

Me too actually, but not specific to this site though.
    Look Ron, almost beating your 20k posts! wooo hoooo yeah! ;) ;)

10. Taimar

Taimar Guest

Can't open Opera.com in my Firefox (latest version), just a blank screen. IE opens the site correctly.
    When I disable IMON-module, Firefox starts showing Opera.com. Why is that so?

11. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

Opera.com works fine here in Firefox 1.5 and IMON enabled in high efficiency mode. Sounds like you may have some kind of conflict or problem with your Winsock?

I think they usually advise to repair Winsock when unusual problems like this crop up.

12. beethoven

I have also gone back to higher efficiency on Opera and Firefox. The problems I originally reported have gone and I do think that it was probably due to ISP network problems with overseas sites and unrelated to either my PC or Imon. :D

13. Taimar

Taimar Guest

Done that, no solution.

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Did you uninstall, remove the Eset folder, reinstall a fresh copy of Nod32, repair Winsock, repair IMON? This usually resolves any issue.

Cheers :D

15. Taimar

Taimar Guest

How can I repair IMON?

16. Blackspear

Nod32 Control Centre> IMON> Setup> Miscellaneous> Network configuration changes> Repair now

17. Taimar

Taimar Guest

Thank you, Blackspear, for guidance.

WinSock XP Fix did his job. Cheers :D

18. Biggerbyte

Biggerbyte Guest

This has been happening to me the past few days too. I can go back to Version 2.12.4 and said issue goes away. Using the lastest 2.5. now.
    Sites simply will not load properly. Does not happen all of the time though. Very strange!

19. Blackspear

My pleasure, and good to see, thanks for reporting back, it may help someone else in the future.

20. Blackspear

See if this post helps.

21. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Hey Blackspear, I been having some slowdown in the IMON too , but not like the others have said about browsing. I have been seeing the IMON downloader taking very long to download streams. For example, using the aol xm radio feature on AOL messenger. The station will never come up cause the IMON is taking forever to download something, but if I disable the IMON manually, it works just fine. Would you say its the same issues the other posters were having?

dja2k

22. Blackspear

Hi dja2k, see if this post helps.

23. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Sure did Blackspear, thanks. I had seen your early post about that, but didn't want to move that until I got a response since I know about the risks in chaniging them. Anyways, I changed all AOL files related to aim.exe to higher compatibility and it fixed it. Is there anywhere were they have posted some other modules by name\product that need to run in higher compatibility because they just plainly don't work under higher efficiency?

dja2k

24. Blackspear

Good to see and my pleasure.

I always recommend leaving things as is unless you have an issue as you have found, at which point you adjust until the issue is resolved.

25. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

True, but as defualt they are all at higher compatibility and I had to change all of them to higher efficiency. So your saying to leave them at which?

dja5k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.