Is IE8 still causing the same problems as before?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Solemn, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solemn

Solemn Registered Member

Well as the title says I'm wondering whether or not IE8 is good to go for the update now after it being a couple of weeks since the initial problems of slow downs related to the restricted sites list regarding SpywareBlaster + Spybot's immunizations. I've done a bit of searching and have asked earlier on, but haven't gotten a solid answer just yet. Considering that it's finally been released in the auto-update and has been around for a couple of weeks after that, I'm wondering about its status and hope to find an answer here.

So the simple questions are these: Has there been any new updates at all to IE8 since then? Has the issues surrounding the slow-downs (alongside other related bizarre system problems) gone away?

I'm not much of an IE8 user, but I do have SpywareBlaster and like to stay updated hence this ongoing question. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated--thanks in advance!

(P.S. I do hope this is the right place to ask in the forums. If it isn't, feel free to move it to the proper area.)

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Don't know about other problems, but (as yet) there's been no fix for that black-on-black menu bar idiocy -- as discussed in another thread here, the workaround for that one is to set video to "best appearance" while using IE8.

3. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

As far as I know it still has a problem with blacklist. I can't believe a browser with such annoying flaw was released to the public. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.