Is GRC nanaprobe correct today?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by beetlejuice, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Today I ran a nanaprobe scan on my machine and it showed that ports 0 and 1 are closed instead of stealth. I haven't even had my computer turned on since the 15th. Ran a scan then and all ports showed stealth. No changes have been made (new programs, setting changes, nothing.) I also ran GoBack to the last time all ports showed stealth. No change on scan results showed up. Just wondering if anyone else )using ZAP) is showing ports 0 and 1 closed that were previously stealth? o_O :eek: GRC nanoprobe maybe broken? Further note. Broadbandreports showed all flitered ports, however my machine did respond to a TCP ping which has never happened before.
    beetlejuice

2. beetlejuice

o_O I'm wondering if it's something with AOL? When I block TCP/UDP ports 0,1, I can log on to AOL but the connection won't complete. A window pops up reporting "Port closed by user." Anyone else have this problem. Also no change when switching from ZAP 3.7 to 4.0.
    beetlejuice

3. beetlejuice

:rolleyes: Oh boy. After playing around with ZAP all day trying to stealth ports 0,1, I finally decided to do a clean install of ZAP and start over. This solved the closed ports problem. I have never had any problems with an upgrade install before. So if anyone has problems with unstealthed ports appearing all of a sudden, try clean installing ZAP. It worked for me. :D
    beetlejuice

4. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Hmm, I run the portscan always twice, because the first scan gives always wrong results in my case.
    Dolf

5. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

HI Beetlejuice,

I'm glad you were able to sort it out and posted your workaround. It will help others when they search for the issue.

Regards,

Dan

6. beetlejuice

o_O Hi Dan, Well I thought that I had this figured out but today GRC showed both ports 0,1 closed and not stealth. Also Broadband showed my computer responding to pings. ZAP however showed in the logs that these connection attempts were blocked. I wonder which one is right and what could be causing this strange behavior? It all started when I installed ZAP 4. I don't know what to make of it. I think I'm going to reinstall ZAP 3.7 or lower and see where it leads me. Have you got any ideas?
    beetlejuice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.