Is File Backup Verification Possible?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by garioch7, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Hello again. Another newbie question. I note that you can do an integrity check of your boot disk and also of full partition backups, but I don't seem to be able to find a way to verify (check integrity) a file backup, short of restoring and seeing if it works.

I did note in the script file for one of my file backup scheduled tasks that there is an entry for verification and it is set to off. Would turning that to "on" result in the backup being verified, or is that just a default entry designed to work only with partition backups?

Thanks for any advice and assistance. The Help file does not address the issue at all.

Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

You should be able to click on the archive then click on Check Integrity. Be advised that I've had two IIRC that failed to restore and later passed the integrity check.

3. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Bill:

I have tried that, but "Check Integrity" is grayed out when it is a file backup. When a partition backup is selected, I can check integrity. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any assistance. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I see, for file backup, not sure. Still an integrity check doesn't mean that 100% for sure that it'll work as I found out. Although that was after maybe six successful restores!

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I just did a small file backup with B&R10 Home as a test. I tried both the right-click method on the archive name and the wizard. Neither one will verify the file archive.

BTW, the option to include data to "Control archive integrity" is only available for images which may well be why you can't verify a file backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.