Is EQSecure 4.0 Out?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dmenace, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

2. Muchinga

Muchinga Registered Member

3. interact

interact Registered Member

yes but beta 3 direct link here

~interact

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Nice question marks on the website, very clear. :rolleyes: Computer = English, I don't install softwares in my language Dutch.
    At work all our softwares are in English, although everybody speaks Dutch.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, apparently the interest in their end is not so favorable to us here, but no matter. I got EQS 4 Beta very finely tuned to perfection.

I even went as far as re-installed ScriptDefender in spite of it's uninstall issues because i have the reg files to recover those defaults.

The only missing LINK thats needed badly is a standalone that can do the same chore as SSM's "keep this process in memory" for me and that will round matters out nicely.

Also wouldn't hurt is there was a standalone MBR protector for units that don't have MBR protections from viruses or need to rely on a complete application to cover it.

Other then that, rootkits and malware are only for the unwitting and careless users who don't secure their XP, now Vista though is probably better suited to counteract common XP threats. I dunno because i will wait for Windows 7.

6. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

Thanks. I was confused...

offtopic: i hate how everything is being bundled together now --->

eqsecure includes a sandbox (which i don't need as i have a sandboxie/defensewall!)

i wont mention comodo... lol :D that might start a war!

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Not anymore.

Check your link, it's not direct at all.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hit the Main Page thru Google (translated), check for the beta 3, and try Local Download.

I got the installer but blast me what i'm going to find. I'll try it on another HD Sunday. I don't dare remove whats already solidly in place on my main units right now.

It does say ENGLISH on the site, maybe it will be.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

The so-called installer for 4 beta 3 refused to install and instead displayed chinese characters of an unknown nature, so much for that attempt.

Looking at the brighter side of what we been offered for free so far in first 3.41 then 4.0 Beta, Alcyon is really come through like a champion with his efforts in those rulesets.

In fact with all the buzz over running LUA, SRP, and SuRun which "IS" a nice alternative IMO, with EQS as-is you can BLOCK the same items as if running a LUA/SRP because it's makeup covers with a Ban List that a user can custom craft to his or her own personal preferences to prevent any access which prevents any writing to directories/files/registry areas of importance without interfering with Windows normal shuffling thru the branches of the registry.

Also, you can with EQS simply "STOP PROTECTIONS" at will long enough to install safe applications without alerts or interferences and then re-enable your protections again.

So it can in affect serve as a LUA of sorts itself with actually MUCH STRONGER protections in that regard.

Which leaves me for one, time and effort to run some tests with KillDisk on another HD and see if TestDisk can recover MBR/Partition disruptions simply enough as to not look to those infectors as threatening as they been made out to be or cover those critical areas with larger security programs that include such protections.

The problem though is stopping them in the first place from getting to the MBR in the first place. Well Anti-Executable for another can easily block any attempts from executables not Whitelisted from interacting period with the system at all, which is a first line of repelling a threat of that nature.

Any ideas, opinions, or alternatives you might like to add to this?

Thanks EASTER

10. xuesisi

xuesisi Registered Member

Beta2=Beta3

no update
    nothing

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  11. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Are they deserting their plans for Vista compatibility?

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Bring on FINAL 4!!!

We're waiting with baited breath. LoL

Very Nice Work Zen!!

13. oldversion

oldversion Registered Member

I'd like to run EQSecure 4.0 Beta3 in English (if possible), however, I'm getting an error with the Chinese characters... Does somebody have an English translation or language pack for EQSecure 4.0 Beta2(http://www.eqsecure.com/download/EQSecure_V4.0_Beta.rar)? I saw some attachments posted in another thread but I wasn't able to download them. :(

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

They're teasing us of course, just like what was done with Power Shadow, but we can't really complain because they've added just enough basics to make it reliable.

I've all but give up on 4 Final ever being shared but with the extreme generosity of Alcyon, he's single-handedly took up the torch with what has to be the best generosity i seen in a very long time in order to keep EQS a current dependable HIPS. Sure is made a big difference.

EASTER

15. ex3

ex3 Registered Member

any one got full lockdown rules set with tutorial? for v 3.41.
    :)

16. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I see they only wanted to make some waves with this HIPS, and nothing more.

As promising as it was becoming it's stuck in the mud as far as any new release that english users could use, so it becomes all we have to work with, The biggest asset and generous contributor is been Alcyon AFAIK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.