Is Download Cnet legit?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Oximoronman, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Oximoronman

Oximoronman Registered Member

Hello,
    I for example,downloaded program from Download.Cnet open it,read license agreement and saw that program isn't redistributable but Download.Cnet redistributing it.Worse thing Producer of that program left bussines but Download.Cnet redistribute its program.Not every freeware program is free like freedom,remember that

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I don't see what the big deal is. If the program is no longer available to download from the publisher, then I could be considered a good thing that it is still available to download somewhere else.

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Cnet/Download.com has been known to modify installers in order to push their own adware, I never go there anymore.

4. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

That is why uBO blocks it also. I've never been one to install much in my computer. But if I do it has to be from first party sites or if installing some older software cnet.com is not a site to install anything from.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

They stopped doing that a while ago, and now only host the original installers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.