Is DefenseWall HIPS a free program?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hard_driver, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hard_driver

hard_driver Guest

Does anyone run DefenseWall HIPS 1.11 and know if it free? Is it a good program worth running also? Thx.

2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

29.00 USD

Goto their homepage and click on "registration".

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

30 day trial and then you are asked to uninstall.
    Is it a good program.IMHO much more secure than signature based av's or antispys with a lot less resource usage.
    Just a matter of getting to know the ins and outs of the program I guess,which i'm still doing.

4. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

I use it without any problems. How good is it? Have done some testing and it passed, but I havent yet been attacked by malware so I cant say I have first hand experience.

I could test the new threat described in another thread on this forum - but there was a DW-user who said; no problems - so I go with that.

Search this forum for Defensewall and you will find a lot that indicates its a good product.

Over at CastleCops there is a long thread about DW.

Price is right because you dont need yearly updates and if you would want to upgrade in the future the price indicated for upgrade - at the moment - is much lower than USD 29.- - but this remains to be seen.

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.