Is COMODO FW v3 recommendable for novices?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by OHM, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Very nice software :D.

I use it to record or take pictures really quicky. The nice thing is it automatically uploads the video/image to a service and puts the link in the clipboard to easily paste. It runs at startup and it uses quiete a lot of mem for what it does but it does not slow me down.

2. Bluenile

Bluenile Registered Member

I tried it with the firewall set to 'Train with safe mode' and Defense + set to 'Clean PC mode' and it failed... o_O

3. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Did u allow the leaktester program to run a leaktest, then block the outbound connection? Or did u block the leaktester program from running altogether?

4. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

You cannot allow it. The leak test tells you.

5. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Sorry I'm not sure what u meant. Did u mean u prevented the tester from running, or did u prevent it's outbound connection only?

6. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Just download it yourself.If you allow it then that defeats the purpose. The test tells you to block then run it again to see if your firewall can still be penetrated.

7. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Yes, I ran the test and got this window (pic). Well, I've asked you twice, but both times you seem to have avoided answering specifically what you had blocked.

I'm just curious why you said "after that the program wouldn't open" and "file access was not allowed".

Attached Files:

8. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Dude I was talking about Online Armor.

9. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Ahhh, third time now :'(
    Well it's getting unnecessarily OT, so I'll stop asking already. Maybe Vettetech stopped leaktester from running altogether (wrong!), instead of letting it run then block it's outbound connection (like what Coolio10 did with Comodo in the movie).

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That is just one of the many fine examples of why off topic discussions can derail a thread.

If this discussion thread is to continue it is to do so with the thread title as the topic Please, not with the continual off topic posts by those wishing to put their 2 cents worth in about another firewall product.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.