Is Anyone Else Tired of Bloat?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jeteroll, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

same here; i like that Emsisoft took the opposite and proper way

2. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

What I don't like is the "in app purchase" BS. If I pay for a product that is what I want. Don't make me install stuff that I didn't pay for or will not use. To me companies use this as a scare tactic. You the customer is perfectly safe because we are the best but....you could be ultra fort knox super safe wrapped in bubble wrap IF you give us $29.99 per year for the double secret, only to our bestest most loyalest customers diamond encrusted ultimate platinum total never have to worry or leave the house again because we will make your coffee safe. Thank you Emsisoft, I will keep using your products.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agreed fasteddy. i NEVER buy the uber mega ridiculous everything including the kitchen sink internet security versions. i DONT want them. so why when i installed the normal av or the internet security versions from some companies do i get constantly bothered about adding a defragger, or registry cleaner, or "speed up" booster etc etc etc all at extra cost usually. and some companies dont charge for them but yet they still bother you all the time to install the "extras" you choose not to install during the custom install OR after you BUY the basic av they bother you to upgrade to the internet security or mega versions. NOT COOL. i miss many of the older av versions now.

and i like emsisoft but i did find it a bit heavy on my systems when i tested it and i personally prefer to have a firewall or at the least a easy firewall controller built in which is why i usually but the internet security version of a av. i know the windows one works fine but for me its so much easier (especially for family and customers) to be able to open and either allow or block a program in a few seconds than have to go creating rules and things. for me personally i dont care but my wife, mom, mother in law, clients etc etc will not be able to do that because honestly they would not know where to start (at least many customers and clients even ones with basic knowledge of the pc)

4. justenough

justenough Registered Member

+1 Those are the exact two I'd use, and for the same reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.