Is Acronis Privacy Expert DEAD? Last update 04/25/06

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dscrap, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Myself and many other users have upgraded to Vista... Has Acronis kicked Privacy expert to the curb? There hasn't been an update in over a year. What's the story Acronis? I've been using Window Washer since upgrading to Vista, but I would love to have my Privacy Expert back...

Current Version:
    Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0.1461 April 25, 2006 44.4 MB

If you listen really close, you can hear Taps playing in the background...

2. twiz

twiz Registered Member

I'm wondering the same thing. A check of their website today showed no mention of the product. What's going on?

3. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Well, I chatted with the sales dept via "Live Chat" and they did confirm that Acronis Privacy Expert is no longer available. They didn't say anything about future definition support but when you purchase it there is a year of definition updates. I wonder if we get a credit for the remaining time. lol o_O

4. werne

werne Registered Member

Look harder. It isn't on the first page anyware but in the home/home office you can find it for buying on the product selection guide. It was harder to find on the Corporate page but keep lookining it's there. The basic question is whether 1. it will be there at all in the next couple of days 2. will they continue to update the spyware updates (and for how long) and 3. are they ever going to do a basic update of the program itself.

5. Razor

Razor Registered Member

I'm not sure what's going on here but here is the text of the reply I recieved from Acronis when enquired about Windows Vista support:

~Private email removed. Not allowed without consent of both parties. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  6. werne

werne Registered Member

My latest thread stated "Just went online to Acronis and looked at Home/Home Office, Small and Medium Business, Large Enterprise Business, and none of them now list Privacy Expert Suite for sale on their beginning Web page. Last week only Large Enterprise Business listed Privacy Expert Suite 9.0. Since it isn't listed anywhere as far as I can see now, does that mean that Privacy Expert Suite is no longer for sale by Acronis (at least not on their front Web pages)? They are still listing the updates for PES now as "Malware Updates" which is a different terminology then there previous listing. Does this mean that Acronis is going out of business to sell this product? I wonder how much longer the Malware Updates will be listed before this product is not only not for sale but completely out of date so that it is worthless."

Apparently my previous message that found the ability to purchise PES further back in the Acronis Web site may not be true anyware as I now cannot find the ability to purchase this product anywhere on the Web site. It would be nice if Acronis (them personally) would be a little bit more clear and state their exact intentions in regards to this product. By intentions I mean in all their different types of products. I.e., Home/Home Office, Small and Medium Business, and Large Enterprise Business that are currently listed on their Web page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.