IObit Uninstaller 2.2 became free?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

As far as I'm aware this has always been free (and a pretty decent uninstaller).

3. berryracer

I always thought the best 2 uninstallers were Revo and IObit, both paid

Revo wrecked my system once so I got a refund but now Im surprised to know that IObit is free

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Unethical company.They stole intellectual data from the malwarebytes corporation.:thumbd:

5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I wouldn't use IObit's stuff if they paid me. Have you tried geekuninstaller?

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

This is true, free or paid, I'll never touch it, with or without a ten foot pole.

7. berryracer

yes and it worked well.

just thought IObit is better?

what did they steal from Malwarebytes and why teh sudden hatred? a few months back it was recommended here

8. The Red Moon

Iobit stole definitions from malwarebytes.On the MBAM forum RUBBER DUCKY.(ADMINISTRATOR) clearly proves it without a shadow of a doubt.:thumb:

9. berryracer

and how does that affect me as a user? let them steal whatever they want. It's their business right?

10. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

You believe another company stealing the intellectual property of another is no big deal? If they would steal from another company, what would stop them from stealing personal data from you? Lol.

11. berryracer

ok, that makes sense, just didn't see the point earlier

I will delete it than

thanks man

12. The Red Moon

Good business is based on a lot of things but theft is not one of them.Maybe this uninstaller is a great program but i for one do not wish to have software installed from a company that was exposed as stealing data.Trust is a major asset between customer and company and IOBIT broke that trust.:cool:

13. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

While I certainly don't condone thier actions with regard to MBAM, I have no privacy concerns with regards to using IObit's products. With IObit's products being so widely used and trusted, I see no cause for concern.

I don't use their uninstaller simply because Revo finds more leftovers, and is also free, and therefore is a better choice (however the free version of Revo has not 64 bit support).

I will do a test with the latest version of Geek Uninstaller to see if it does better than IObit, becuase of the free Revo having no 64 bit support which Geek and IObit both support.

14. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

I have tested the 2 and is hard find a winner, It depends programs you choose uninstall. I prefer Iobit portable (portablleapps version that is 100% portable) because it shows correct entries while GeekUninstallers shows more and this can confuse average users. For ex Messenger\Windows Live Essential is correctly just one entry for Iobit and 3 or more for Geek, and if you start uninstalling the wrong part of the program can be an issue.

15. roger_m

I have unistalled a number of programs recently with Geek Uninstaller, and have found false positives to be very rare. But in reality this is something which needs be taken into consideration with all such uninstallers - the results should be checked before deleting.

A few years back Smarty Uninstaller had a serious problem where it wanted to delete the entire software section of the registry if I recall correctly.

16. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

If they are willing to steal products and sell them, what do you think might be included in the software itself, like something stealing/harvesting private data from the users?

17. roger_m

You are being overly paranoid. I'm guessing that millions of people use IObits products. If there was something malicious going on, I'm sure it would have been discovered long ago.

18. The Red Moon

Perhaps not nothing malicious going on but their ethics are a bit dicey dont you thinko_O

19. roger_m

Most definately, and that's a good reason not to use their products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.