IObit Security 360 Beta Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Phenom, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

No change log yet, sorry.

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Well, I still have problem with update with beta 3.0.

On my PC with Windows XP with SP3, I have no problem updating IOBIT 360 but on my Laptop with Vista, I can't update IOBIT 360 and receive a message like what it can not connect to the server and to retry later...

3. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I'll submit the bug to the developers, and the issue will hopefully be resolved by Monday. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  4. Atomas31

Thanks! But I already submitted my problem to iobit 360 through email a few days ago and never received any followup (other than an auto reply)... Since the beta 3.0 comes a few days after reporting my problem I tought that the updating problem was resolved but no :'(

5. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Yeah, they have stopped replying as they are now getting hundreds of emails per day. But I assure you they know about the problem :)

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

7. Atomas31

Well, on my PC with XP there is no problem updating but the scanner found a few false positive! How can we submit them?

On Laptop with Vista still can not update!?!?

For now, I will wait they get out of Beta because of the persistent update problem on my Vista and many false positives on my XP machine...

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I put in a request for an easy way of submitting possible false positives when the first beta was out.
    Hopefully IObit will have something in the near future for that. It would really help in dealing with the fp's.

9. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

There is an easy way. Right click on the detection and click Submit False Positive :p

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

IObit 360 so far:
    a) Heuristics
    - detection of new processes
    - detection of new startup items, including through regsrv calls/messages
    b) Blacklist
    - small current Data Base of actual malware
    - bad websites/active X/tacking cookies

Freebie with some elements WinPatrol/Sypbot/MBAM

@Halfevil,

Did you have any response of the developers what kind of heuristics/mini-HIPS protection will be developed?

My wishlist:
    Side by side intrusion of processes and objects (uAC allready protects higherprocesses/objects from lower rights objects/processes), combined with a whitelist and possible check whether Windows classifies this object as from internet source.

11. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Version 2 of S360 is currently being planned, with the improvement of an advanced HIPS, so hopefully that will all be added. I suggest sending an email through feedback as that is probably better :)

As for the heuristics, they are quite simple but effective. It uses certain file characteristics to determine if files are similar to malicious ones, as well as random characters in certain parts of sigatures to make them generic.

12. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

When did you sneak that by me?;)

13. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Just a question. Would this software compliment Avast Home and GeSWall? If so, how?

thanks
    Ice

14. Kees1958

IO360 vs GeSWall
    - IO360 has an IDS which looks at a FEW intrusions for ALL sources (processes)
    - GW has a powerfull sandbox which looks at ALL relevant intrusions for a FEW (untrusted) sources (processes/files)

IO360 vs Avast
    - Avast a full fledged AV data base (zoo - in the wild) with limited update cycles (free version)
    - IO360 a limited (in the wild) recent outbreak blacklist DB with as many update cycles you can specify via taskmanager

So yes it is a nice add-on IMO

15. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

would like to report a bug of enabling passive defences, on firefox it comes up with several errors about cookies locked and doesnt ever finish, ie ones are fine

16. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

If FireFox is open, cookies cannot be removed. So make sure all instances of FireFox are closed, and then there should be no problem :)

17. dell boy

oh i thought it wouldve said that if it needed, but ok thanks

18. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I have an announcement for everyone. There will be a [GLOW="RED"]PRO[/GLOW] version as well as a free version.

The free version will lack the following:

- DOG malware detection --- the reason for this, is that a lot of development is going into it to make it an amazing heuristic.

- Automatic scan when your PC is idle

- Faster and background update

- Free technical support and commercial use

19. dell boy

does iobit security 360 contain all of the advantages of advanced system care? do i gain if i download that also?

20. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

They are two entirely different products, and do different things. Security 360 is a malware protection utility, while ASC is a system care tool.

I suggest you read this before using ASC, some people have trouble with the registry cleaner, however, not many.

21. dell boy

well iobit 360 has privacy sweeper, and system care also has a malware scanner, so not really so different...

22. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Thanks Kees. They do seem to work nicely together. I have this combo working on my Vista Home pc.

(S.a.G) Security. S=IO360 a=Avast Home G=GeSWall
    and all the icons are round in the toolbox!
    Ice

23. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

At least every 30min is more than enough, or not? :)

24. Kees1958

RDSU,

When they offer this for the free version also, it is a top notch freeware offer. Did not know that,

thx

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You are welcome ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.