Invalid registration key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davr, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davr

davr Guest

Getting the following error message "Acronis true image cannot find the proper serial number" "you should reinstall the product" Contacted support through e-mail and as I have read in the forums it looks like I am in for a long wait. Not having a phone contact for technical support makes the company look bad, I mean they take your money and now you have to wait for days to get their product to worko_O I am asuming they sent invalid keys and that's why it doesn't work. anybody else having this issue? using true image 9.

Did not buy ghost to give this a chance but not having a good technical support from the company makes me think differently now.

Let me know your thoughts,

2. SandyB

SandyB Registered Member

Same problem here. They told me to re-install. Re-installed with 4 different builds, and on 2 different machines.....still can not find a valid serial number.

3. davr

davr Guest

Did they get back with you? I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. How long did they take to get back with you, I still have not had a response. I have also read that there are numerous problems with this release; perhaps they can give us access to download the previous version with the appropriate registration keys. Technical support needs some improvement, at this point I regret purchasing this from acronis...

David.

4. Santiago66

Santiago66 Registered Member

I have the same problem. I submitted a support request on the acronis web site this morning, but no answer yet. It may have to do with the fact that I installed the full version (downloaded from newegg) over the trial version (previously downloaded from the acronis site). Perhaps if I had uninstalled the trial version before loading the full version it would have turned out differently. I have had similar problems with the symantec antivirus program in the past- symantec publishes a mini-program that removes prior versions (in effect substituting for a manual uninstall, which is tedious). This solves the problem in some cases at least. Perhaps acronis could develop the same.

5. Santiago66

Santiago66 Registered Member

Any luck yet on your installation?

6. davr

davr Guest

I gave up on them. I placed a request for a refund and of course I have not heard from them. bought and installed ghost 10, at least it runs after being installed

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please send me PM with the confirmation of your purchase and your serial number. I will help you with the solution.

Santiago66, please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.