Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

CSI and Edge detect all variants of Rustock including Rustock.c when the system is already infected or if it tries to load ;)

2. Nett0pp

Nett0pp Registered Member

Great !

TCSP

3. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Rustock.C is far more interesting than Beagle rootkit ;) Many rootkits are much more interesting than Beagle rootkit :)

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Well, you live and learn...:D Best read the excellent online help again (note to myself)!

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Currently using the trial version of Prevx Edge. Are there any known compatibility problems with Kaspersky AV, Outpost Pro Firewall or Ghost Security (AppDefend & RegDefend). I am planning on adding Prevx Edge to my upfront prevention as it appears no further versions of Ghost Security will be forthcoming. I just opened the trial version of Prevx Edge and everything appears to be running smoothly so far with the above programs also running. I added it to AppDefend's list of permissible programs on my computer. I know from the threads it has very good rootkit detection. How is it at detecting/preventing keyloggers?

6. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    There are no known compatibility problems between these apps - one problem with Kaspersky, however, is that you have to uninstall Edge to install Kaspersky because they won't let both be installed at the same time but there is no reason for this :doubt: So, if you have any problems getting them installed, just install Kaspersky first and then Edge over the top :D

Edge is very good at detecting and preventing keyloggers and we have some new technology coming in the next weeks to improve this even more ;)

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Okay, thanks for the very fast response. I already had KAV installed. No problems thus far.

8. CBP1

CBP1 Guest

Hello. I have a few questions about Prevx Edge. I have the full version installed and it is set to its standard settings, other than self protection which I have set to medium.

I have uninstalled my AV and now only have Prevx installed as my AM or AV protection.

Will Prevx protect me enough? Will it protect me from trojan droppers etc and all the thgings Avira blocked from various websites? Will Prevx ensure my pop email is safe?

Will it slow down my PC if I set heuristics to max?

Sorry for so many questions!

9. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    We believe that Edge does provide enough security by itself but you can use it alongside another AV if you want - it is fully compatible with every major security solution (including Avira :)). Edge does not scan through POP Email but it will scan any file which comes through via email (i.e. an exploit or a trojan horse, etc.)

Your PC performance will not degrade at all if you set heuristics to max - all of the difficult calculations take place on our servers :) Please let me know if you have any further questions!

10. CBP1

CBP1 Guest

quick reply - I am impressed! What about protection from troja droppers etc?

I know I could stick Avira back on my PC, but I fancy running light as it were and I believe Prevx is the best against rootkits.

If I want maximum security settings with edge, please tell me how I should set the various settings.

thank you

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am as fancy as you ;)

12. PrevxHelp

Yes, Edge blocks trojans, droppers, spyware, adware, rootkits, viruses, worms, etc. etc. :D

Maximum settings in Edge can cause some false positives depending on what kind of software you use but in the "Heuristics Settings" screen, move all of the slider bars all the way to the right and then under "Protection Settings", ensure that the Master Boot Record scanning is enabled and you'll be good to go ;)

13. CBP1

CBP1 Guest

Thank you very much.

14. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Joe you have a PM here & on your personal email, thanks !!

Other question Italian user said : have you ever think posibility to get on dowload on your site a real Trial for X days full 100% (at the endo of this X days it change on free)
    It's typical Italian I know :D but with a full X day trial user realy taste the power of Edge & buy it after this evaluation (sorry for my english )

15. Romagnolo1973

Every on Maximum is perfect if you don't change your software configuration, but if you change it, set on High euristic & medium for Age & Popularity
    For Exmple I have FF3.2Alpha prerelease called Minefield, if I set Euristic Popularity & Age on maximum it genereate an allert about Minefiel FF (it update few time a day) in according with this rules 'cose is new & with less users.
    This is why i set euristic on Hight but not maximum end Age-popularity on medium

16. PrevxHelp

(I responded about ~10 minutes ago to you via email FWIW :D)

We've been discussing a full trial version but we're siding to not offer it because of the confusion it would cause and the complexity it introduces. However, we do offer a 7 day fully functional trial license on-demand to anyone asking for it so you can direct those users to us (via the inbox or PM'ing me or EraserHW :))

17. Romagnolo1973

Joe is faster than speedy gonzales :D thanks

18. PrevxHelp

¡Andale! ¡Andale! ¡Arriba! :D

19. Romagnolo1973

Ok thanks I talk about this privately with the 2 users will try a full.
    Eraser is on the italian site also so no problem
    Thanks Joe

20. Romagnolo1973

:D
    Joe 2 thinks (then I go to bed :D )
    1) on the top of the main windows i read for example Edge removed 100 infections at the moment (i use the italian edition and this allert is on my language but I think you understand), there is any posibility to erase this counter or only with uninstall? For example A-squared have this posibility

2) I know Eraser have more important think to do that translate EDGE, but there are 2 or 3 thinks not traslated on the Italian version.
    I talk to Eraser about this missing and I think he solved the problem but if not....I'm here:D
    I dont write but I understand english well
    Sorry but I am the typical Italian thinkin' our language is understood everywhere and I didn't like study English :mad: , only traveling around the world I know the truth unhappiness

21. PrevxHelp

This is the second request for the feature to reset the counter, but right now the best way is just to uninstall/reinstall - it is on the todo list still but we have some more interesting features coming first :D

Eraser actually is the one that translated Edge so let him know what isn't translated :D He LOVES translating it, believe me :D :shifty: :D

22. Diazruanova

Diazruanova Registered Member

Hi Joe,

I already sent to your mail, a Zipped file that is a false positive.
    It´s name is TWAIN32.plg and it is a Plug-in for a graphic editor named Artweaver. I also uploaded it to VirusTotal and was clean.

Thanks

23. PrevxHelp

Fixed :)

24. Diazruanova

Diazruanova Registered Member

Thanks a lot:D

25. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

:ninja: :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.