Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serevinus

Serevinus Registered Member

Any idea how long until a non beta Vista 64 bit release? I know you are probably fed up with people asking for ETAs...
    I dont really like using beta software on my main computer (which may be the only reason why I am on only person I know that runs Vista with no problems)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Very reasonable question :) We're currently shooting for an official release for x64 in about two weeks, but it is definitely still in the beta phase as well as the next update for 32bit and it will remain there until we finish our internal testing.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I came across this yesterday and decided to give it a try!--- "ISeeYouXP" - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=36828.0

However, a just completed scan shows what I believe to be FP's ;) - see screenshot

P.S. Whilst running ISeeYouXP scan, PrevxEdge did show warnings such as Block Always, Trust Once etc.

Attached Files:

4. PrevxHelp

False positives corrected :) Thank you for your report!

FWIW, we just released an update to the beta - 237 - which has better logging of cleanup, a few minor bug fixes, a few minor improvements (like detecting Windows 7 as Windows 7), improved rootkit detection, some minor GUI textual changes, and improved cleanup over certain types of threats (namely threats that modify system registry keys).

5. BG

BG Registered Member

Just updated to 237 using internal updater (64bit version). I must say this is a very light smooth running app. And get along with NIS2009 nicely. :)

6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

So soon allready, mucho thankos :argh:

7. GES/POR

I pm'd you yesterday so whats up?

8. PrevxHelp

I must have not hit send :D I made you a new license and then never sent it off!!!

9. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Apparently there are compatibility issues with Outpost Security Suite. I've just tried Prevx Edge for the first time, and the realtime scanner kept shutting down and starting again (every 10 seconds). Of course I could disable Outpost's realtime protection, but I just don't want, lol.

I might try a future version of Prevx, if that issue is settled.

10. Michael127

Michael127 Registered Member

Anyone know where I can get the beta from?

11. PrevxHelp

I'll send you a PM with it :)

12. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    If you don't mind, I've PM'd you a link to the new beta version of Edge which should work better against Outpost. If not, please let me know and we'll look at it deeper.

13. Michael127

Michael127 Registered Member

Great thanks for your help.

14. GES/POR

Some suggestions, - after doing a manual scan a popup window containing the scanreport would be a +

-Direct Notification of program update when user has chosen not to auto update would be really helpfull

-when hovering above the trayicon, appname and security status is displayed <--- Incluse programversionnumber inbetween please

-add option in the configcenter to be notified of beta releases

-bring up the advanced scan options in the scan function of the tray,rightclick functions, also set that scan @deepscan since its blazing fast anyway n quickscan is allready set to scan after each reboot

-add a gamemode

-add a history tab wich displays events: update,detection,scans

-Like in Px2 make the progress scanbar at each quickscan transparant

-in the scanprogress bar list the name of the type of scan thats running

-List on PX website wich contains all compatible and incompatible security software like Zemana does

Question: wheres the selfprotection option?

15. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

It seems to be working fine now. Could that be because I unticked the self-protection option ? Anyway, i'll keep it and see how it works during the next few days.

16. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

17. jlo

jlo Registered Member

18. PrevxHelp

19. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    You have some good suggestions - I'll forward them on and comment on a few :)

We aren't planning on adding a game mode at all because Edge is light enough to run alongside any game in the standard settings.

Also, we are currently unaware of any real incompatibilities between other security software. One of our main goals in developing Edge has been to keep it compatible with other software so if we do end up being incompatible with something, we'll just fix it rather than show a list on the website :D

You can enable self protection in Basic Configuration > Enable Self Protection.

Some of your suggestions are on their way to being implemented now, some won't make the next release but we will definitely keep them in mind for further down the road! :)

Thanks again for the input :D

20. PrevxHelp

If anything could be incompatible with Outpost, I would err on the side of it being self protection so it would probably be best to leave self protection disabled if it works fine for you now :)

21. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Actually I enabled it afterwards and it still works great, so I guess the beta version is what made a difference.

22. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

The best part is how easy it is to use, and instead of several alerts being thrown up, only one warning for the user to read for each blocked infection.

Great review. :thumb:

23. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

I used updater to get beta to v.237. My NOD32 alerted me that a trojan was downloading or something to that effect, and prevented the update. Up to now there have been no conflicts between Prevx edge and Mamutu, NOD32, and Comodo Firewall. Yes, I afterwards disabled AV and did the update OK, but should that have happened? Does Eset/NOD32 have to make allowances on their end so your updater doesn't show up as a trojan, or is that something Prevx has to take care of?

24. PrevxHelp

NOD32 tends to produce false positives on CSI/Edge. Once we release an official release to our entire customer base they whitelist us but before that they tend to continue to generate false positives (this is one of the reasons why we release an update to new users first before we push it out to all existing users).

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Kudos to Prevx.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.