Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Missed the second half of the message :)
    If you know that babylon.exe is safe, you click "Add Override", browse to the file, and then click the 'Add Override' button on the next screen. Then, in the popup box, click the down arrow and click "Ignore File" or "Trust Always" (depending on your license).

If you have any questions, let me know. We are still working on a detailed feature-by-feature user guide, so, the process should be much easier to understand soon.

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I dont care what existing Edge users think about 64, im licensed to Px 2 and wish to upgrade. I haven't seen the option on your website.

The My Area is a cool thing - it reports alot of history on PX's use n stats.

I know u said not so long ago, that Px 2 64 beta isnt actually beta but i disagree - i installed it today and after reboot it would fast scan in endless loops - would hardly call that stable so please either update it or give us 64 bit for Edge or CSI. I dont mind waiting a bit but the more i read on these last few pages the more i get the sense that 64 bit support is on the bottom of the TODO list. Vista 64 has been out long enough and has enough users due to the mem limit of 32 bits - add support and im 100% sure ull get many more customers but please do not put us type of users aside just because we belong to the minority. Go go Rejzor!

Congrats with the new current situation, i havent been on this forum but i noticed yesterday the changes on your website - was a real surprise for me, went to install it right away but :'( Anyways future for you seems excellent now just let us minorities enjoy along will ya :ninja:

3. PrevxHelp

We are in the process of writing up a way to convert Prevx2 licenses into Edge licenses :) Should be done shortly.

Regarding 64bit, it is not at the bottom of the todo list, but it isn't very high in the todo list. The problem is that, contrary to popular belief, only ~2% of our users use 64bit, which means it immediately gets pushed behind changes that would benefit the other 98%.

We are definitely going to address it, but there are currently a handful of important advancements sitting in-front of 64bit support, and, 64bit support is nontrivial as it requires fundamental changes to the software and driver.

4. GES/POR

I fully understand but can you imagine if you were in my position - it smells!

Ok, so 2 weeks and Edge will run on mine?

btw is Edge the succesor to Px 2.0? Right now theres csi 3.0, edge 3.0 and px 2.0 - whats the roadmap? n please b as clear as u can

Very exciting times these r: Dr.web v5, Sana's beta and Edge

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I left it for ~15 minutes, trying to gain control of the mouse and open the task manager (which I couldn't open). The whole system was jerky and unresponsive so I had to reset.

I thought it scanned the entire drive after installation, so it seemed unusual that it had to scan this folder in the root of my drive (my "Utils" folder).

6. PrevxHelp

Yes, I do understand your position :) However, it will definitely take longer than two weeks.

Prevx 2 is a completely different product. If you want the granular control of being to block specific behaviors, that is where Prevx 2 falls in. However, if you want everything to be automated with minimal interaction and improved detection, that's where Edge lies.

7. PrevxHelp

Hmm.... this is quite odd, and definitely hints of some more fundamental interaction issue. We will install the security applications you have to try and reproduce the hanging, as we have not seen it in any test.

Out of interest: do you happen to have any desktop search applications installed (other than the default Vista one)?

8. GES/POR

Dang, how long do you expect it to take?

Is Px 3 still in the making?

What i want is to have the newest tech instead of being 2 steps behind on the rest of the world of wilders, poor me

9. PrevxHelp

Not sure on the exact timeline at the moment, but Edge is "completed" (still always constantly changing of course :D) for 32bit - still in very early development for 64bit.

10. PrevxHelp

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response for Edge, we've decided to make it a <free> upgrade from Prevx2. If you are a current Prevx2 user, you can input your license key on this page:

http://info.prevx.com/licenseswap.asp

and as long as your license was purchased before Nov. 13, 2008 (and is a non-server Prevx2 registered license) you will be able to get Edge in place of it for the remaining duration of your license :)

Please let me know if you run into any problems using this feature as it is a new addition to our licensing structure!

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

now thats nice.;)

12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

No, no problems, but certainly a surprising price per seat lisence structure

Attached Files:

• edge.JPG
      edge.JPG
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
  13. PrevxHelp

I just spent the last ~15 minutes investigating that with some of the other team members and it appears to be completely intentional o_O . I'm guessing there is some deeply complex mathematical operation behind it... however, I could not begin to tell you what that may be :D

14. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I cannot find any info as to what the renewal price would be.

Is there a discount when renewing as other software companies give?

15. PrevxHelp

We offer a 10% discount when renewing your license over the original license price.

16. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks for the swift reply :)

It looks like it has been one long day for you today

17. PrevxHelp

Has been? :D I've got a while to go still before I fall asleep at the keyboard :D

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

oh, he is paid well. lol

Just no over sleeping in the morning.;)

19. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Interesting note.
    qmc.exe is not a worm. It's a calendar.
    Edge disagrees with me. The steps to take to change the detection are easy but too many for such a simple thing.
    Hugger

20. PrevxHelp

When you receive the warning, you should just be able to click Trust on the prompt and it will not warn you again.

Could you send me a scan log (Tools and Settings > Save Scan Results) so I can correct the false positive?

21. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I emailed support last night, with that question and today got home from work and had a new license key for Prevx Edge for my 3-4 months remaining time. So just want to say Thank you PREVX ! ! !

22. PrevxHelp

You are very welcome :D

23. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

After more testings I am quite impressed with Prevx Edge and even though I doubt I need to run it on my setups I will be recommending it to others that find my sandboxing/virtual setups too hard to use.:)

A couple of the malware installers that Prevx Edge missed it did pick up when installing.

24. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Sorry to ask...

Any special Wilders coupon code or competitive upgrade offered? :argh:

25. PrevxHelp

We are considering adding a competitive upgrade offer, but it hasn't been finalized just yet :D

We have made some decisions on the licensing scheme and we will begin offering a standard trial period for Edge starting late next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.