Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

First time I have been able to get some time away from work to have some quality computing time in a while and I get a new version of Edge to play with.

Working great here so far.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Edge does not auto renew - it will just give you a gentle reminder a couple days before you're about to expire :)

3. PrevxHelp

I'll talk to our web guys - do you have any script blocking tools installed or anything of that sort that could interfere with the browser? Our website does use javascript, but so do virtually all other websites out there.

4. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Question - I am going to give it another shot (I was the guy who had an initial blue-screen with the disk mount error message I thought was related) and am going to purchase a license.

My question is, if I like can I then buy a family license for the diff between a single and the family price? I would only need 4 total and would hate to have to buy 3 singles then....

Thanks in advance,
    Mark.

5. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

Tried again this morning in case there was a problem with website last night. Opera (9.62) had an error on transfer and didn't finish:
    To: C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\PREVXEDGEFREE.EXE
    Size: 906 KB (927,288 bytes)
    Transferred: 890 KB (910,368 bytes)

Firefox (3.0.4) crashed again. I do have Mamutu trial running--could that be cause of download problems?
    BTW, I installed Prevx Edge that I downloaded with IE and it's a nice program. I downloaded the file 'TrojanSimulator' and when I went to run the exe., Prevx immediately gave a warning. Comodo gave me the usual pop-ups that would allow me to stop the program from running, but I allowed them. At the last minute Mamutu jumped in with a reccomendation to block program, which I did. But there was no initial warning from Mamutu, whereas Prevx warned me from the start. I also scanned the folder containing TrojanSimulator with Malwarebytes and it said all OK, then with Prevx, and under the "Threat Identified" column was "Malicious Software". This may be pretty basic stuff to people on Wilders, but it made me feel good about Prevx.

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Good question. I am thinking of buying 1 license to start with and note that if I buy 2 at the same time the incremental price is very interesting. Only thing is I do not know at this moment if I need 2 licenses and like mhallerman I would hate to end up having to purchase multiple licenses separately at the same price as the initial unit.o_O

7. mhallerman

Exactly - Hopefully Joe is still trolling here today and will give us some good news on this :)

Best,
    Mark.

8. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Hi there,

You can easily upgrade your existing license, by opening Edge, selecting "License Information" and then clicking "Get a License" (We probably need to reword that to "Renew / Upgrade" when already licensed). This will present a page of options available to you. You can also get here by going to the following URL and entering your license key:
    http://www.prevx.com/renewlickey.asp

Under the upgrade options you will notice we effectively reimburse your remaining license value, then will restart your license for as many PCs as you wish.

Hope that helps :)

9. mhallerman

Thanks very much for the reply - I apologize, but can you please clarify, if I purchase 1 for myself now, can I soon then purchase 3 more for approx diff of @ 40 USD?

Basically I *think* I will want 4 in total but am only prepared to purch 1 right now....

Thanks,
    Mark.

10. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

No problem. :)

The licensing system should work so that you can upgrade to a 4 PC license by simply paying the difference.

e.g.

I currently have a 1 PC license for Prevx Edge with 324 days remaining. This is valued as US $22.22.

4 PC Original Price: US $70.70,
    Minus $22.22 of the current license remaining value,
    My price to upgrade to a 4 user license would be: US $48.48

Hope that makes sense :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  11. mhallerman

Sounds great - thanks very much!

Best,
    Mark.

12. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Quickmonth Calender continues to be flagged as a miscreant.
    It's from Code Dawn and I've been using it for over a year.
    Hugger

13. horseman

horseman Registered Member

As a further complication on that upgrade scenario - how about upgrading a Fam/Bis license of say 5 PX2 to Fam/Bis unit that comprises 1 x PX2 and 4 x PE3 ? (well someone had to ask...? ;) )

14. mhallerman

Well, ran a full scan after installing, and it found 3 what I believe were false positives, but in any event I seleted to remove them, rebooted and again like the time I trilaed it a few weeks ago, booted to a blue screen with the "Unmountable Boot Volume" error.

Trying to boot into safe mode is not working either, giving me just the same error. I will have to revert to the image I made right before install. If possible will try to get the dump off, but anything we can do to see why prevx is doing this? The only time I have bluescreened on this machine is after rebooting after installing and running Prevx.

I would hate to go the refund route, so is there anything we can do to track this down? thanks...

Best,
    Mark

15. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    We will respond to you from the inbox for the license conversion :)

16. PrevxHelp

This is quite odd as literally no one else has ever reported this. If you could send a minidump, that would be very helpful. Also, what files were detected on your system? It's very hard to guess what may be going on as this seems to be just a stray report from what I can see so far.

17. PrevxHelp

These cases will generally be taken care of on a case-by-case basis, preferably through the inbox where we can manage your license keys, etc.

18. PrevxHelp

Could you please click Tools and Settings > Save Scan Results and send me the entry of the file which is being found?

19. mhallerman

I deleted the contents of this message as I have responded to you via the prevx site as to not clutter up this thread with my personal support work issues with you and the team - thanks and I look forward to hearing from you there.....

Best,
    Mark.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  20. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Hi, i have found 2 false positive with edge.

Dono if i followed the correct way to report it to u. Correct me if i am wrong.

Attached Files:

21. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    I only see one false positive in that log, C:\Program Files\GetAmpedSEA\amped.exe, (which is now fixed)

Please let me know what I'm not seeing (or try rescanning your system and let me know if it is all fixed now :))

22. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Sry i think it is because i added it as trusted.:)

but the amped.exe is still detected.

here is the new log,

Attached Files:

23. PrevxHelp

Hmm... the files are definitely 'Good' in the database, could you try rescanning again? Not sure why it wouldn't update your determination. Let me know what you find!

24. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Both detections are not found anymore. :thumb:

Thanks for the help.

25. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

:D So far I love this and runs smooth on vista. I realize you spent alot of time on this product. Good for us all and 'thanks":thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.