Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

they should work fine together, but only way to know for sure is to try it out.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We're still adding new functionality but it should be out in the next week or two :)

3. PrevxHelp

We are fully compatible with CIS and as firzen771 says, the best way to see is to try it :D

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Thanks to both of you guys, i'll guess i might have to try it out then :eek:

5. Dr33

Dr33 Registered Member

6. horseman

horseman Registered Member

Hmmm...apologies but the thread linkage appears to be broken because pouring through the "bowels" of this topic I distinctly recall TRJAM commenting on how "PX folks find time to Continually Read All Posts"?

However for accuracy .... on a historical note in the distant past they used to PAWS for the odd dump.....

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

This caught me out with the upgrade to the beta version. See screenshot:
    It is self explanatory. Edit: spelling

I solved the problem with following Joe's advice as per here > https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1440244&postcount=3151

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  8. horseman

horseman Registered Member

9. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Patents are a joke in most cases. Don't tell me that in-the-cloud idea and technology is an invention of Prevx or PCTools. I don't know if you're talking about something more specific...

Patents are made for 2 reasons mainly:
    1. Protect your ass
    2. Make money when you have no more ideas and you have forgotten that a business has to produce and not shoot on others.

Most cases on patent infringements end out of courts because everyone has stepped over a patent of someone else. It's a tricky game.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  10. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Joe

v3.0.1.47 just said hello with a post installation scan of my rig. Installatin so msooth I did not notice is...as usual. ;)

The Smart Scan check box under Advanced Scan seems to have retained its setting between updates. :thumb:

However, with .47 I got an Alert re. a Rootkit affecting \\.\physicaldrive0\mbr with a designation of Rootkit.mbr...with only the option buttons of 'Scan My PC Again' and 'Cleanup Now'.

As I have RollBack Rx installed & protecting C: (drive 0) I had to right click & flag as a false positive/ignore.

I recall have seen this before and previously had 'Trust Always' or 'Block' options available and I think that there was talk about this changing...cannot recall completely. Is this the right way to handle this going forward? Interestingly enough the scan following the update to .44 & .46 DID NOT reveal this so I was a wondering...o_O

Thought I would raise it in case there is anyone coming across this.

11. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

One thing I actually think about is that the "Status"-popup comes up when a program update takes place. Ofc this is nothing major, but still something I wanted to mention while we're talking about how "smooth" the installation is. Doesn't get much better than this though... :)

12. PrevxHelp

We're investigating the MBR detection. We recently added scanning for a new MBR rootkit but apparently there are issues - we should have a fix shortly :)

13. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

This is on the db-side, meaning that it applies to both the beta and final version, right? Thought the MBR detection was through heuristics. Is it both? (e.g. the new identifiable MBR can be detected through a signature?)

14. PrevxHelp

It is both, but this false positive was caused through heuristics locally. We have v3.0.1.48 coming out now (to beta :D) which corrects this issue :)

15. PrevxHelp

Are you updating manually or by clicking "Check for updates"? Also, are you using a limited user account? Updating "should" take place silently, but there are a few cases where it wouldn't.

Our goal is to make everything as seamless as possible :)

16. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

.46 upgrade to .48 went fine here ;)

17. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Joe,
    I am currently running 46, have not had an automatic update and if I click 'check for updates' it tells me I have the latest version. And yes, I do have 'Automatically download and apply updates' ticked.
    When I ran CSI before Edge was released it always updated automatically, but Edge has never updated automatically or responded to the 'Check for updates' request - it always says I am up to date no matter if I am running a released version or a beta, I have always had to download and install manually.
    Another personal bug particular to my machine?

18. PrevxHelp

Very interesting... could you send me your license key by PM? I'll take a look to see if there is anything clearly breaking it.

19. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Sent :thumb:

20. Baldrick

Got it and installed it. Removed the Ignore I set against the MBR detection and will scan to see if it is detected again. Will advise as to result shortly.

Cheers

Balders:D

21. Baldrick

OK!

Run with .48 and Ignore of MBR change detection removed...worked! No detection of the legitemate change by RollBack Rx.

Nice one the Prevx Team! :thumb: :thumb:

22. PrevxHelp

Good to hear :) Note that we HAVE corrected the detection issue and will be releasing the new version (to beta :)) by tomorrow :)

23. galileo

galileo Registered Member

Beta 3.0.1.48 - If one has a password protecting access to the settings, then when one right-clicks the tray icon and selects "Configure Protection" the password dialog box is hidden underneath the main configuration dialog window. Thus, if one clicks "Settings" or "Configure" nothing appears to happen. If one looks at the Task Bar the "Password Required" button is there but, it does trick you for a minute....ya might want to have the password dialog box pop-up on top of the main dialog window....;)

galileo

24. PrevxHelp

Good catch :) We'll force the password window to the top. Thanks!

25. dorgane

dorgane Guest

me too.
    don't run automatic, just manualy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.