Introducing AX64 Time Machine - hybrid imaging/snapshot software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi twl845 :)

Here is the direct link to the latest beta:
    http://www.ax64.com/beta/SetupAXTM_1_4_0_19.exe

Hope that helps :)

Jim

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

As they say timing is everything, imagine if you were just starting to think about a new PC rather than having the transfer to a new system almost complete.

I have no idea what the problem could be but if you had AX64 on the XP machine you would be able to access all of your data files from an AX64 snap via the AX64 browser on the new PC. (if you have an image of the XP system on an external drive you may be able to do the same thing by mounting the snap on the 7 machine or possibly on another XP system).

Its good that you are almost done transferring the data, I would not worry much about why XP is acting up unless you plan to use the PC for something going forward. If not I would suggest that you finish with the data transfer ASAP (in case the XP PC is dying) and enjoy your new system.

3. Big_Red

Big_Red Registered Member

Also no wireless mouse or keyboard support for me using the 1.4.0.18 boot recovery console. I havent updated to 1.4.0.19 yet.

I've also tried a usb mouse to no avail. Fortunately I still have the recovery disc from the previous version, which worked fine.

I needed to do a cold restore, as my system wouldn't boot after a BSOD.

My first 'AX64 saved my bacon' moment since purchasing a few days ago.

Any ideas why no mouse?

4. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

Thanks for the input. Transfer is essentially done. Now I'm just scavenging amongst the wreckage for Office templates, Firefox and Thunderbird profile data to transfer to new profiles, etc.

I'll be setting this PC on a pyre down the Ganges or use it as a table. :)

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

The fact that you are able to use the pc 'normally' in safe mode would seem to say that all is not lost with your machine.

Perhaps try a linux install on it as a playground before throwing it away

6. Selukwe

Selukwe Registered Member

7. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

Creating Recovery Media In Windows 8.1

Does the latest Beta fix the Windows 8.1 problem when creating recovery media?

8. Chamlin

Thanks, Stapp. It might be something relatively simple to resolve if I stumble upon the problem. Gonna' gift it to a tech savvy young man who's down on his luck but has a good heart. Perhaps he'll be able to make it sing again! :)

9. Chamlin

Installing on a new Windows 7 machine, which AX64 should I use? I seem to recall that when v. 1 4 0 .18 & .19 came out, people were having a hard time with restores. And something about it being much slower, or the Real Copy methodology.

What's recommended at this point? Stick with v. 1 3 7 or jump up to the latest?

10. Selukwe

Selukwe Registered Member

I'm running the latest beta 1.4.0.19 on Win 7 Ent x86, SP1, smoothly and without any issues. Just give it a try; if it doesn't work as expected, you can always downgrade to any earlier release...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  11. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Do you have just data on Raid 0? That's the case on my Raid 1, OS and programs are on a separate SSD.

12. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Hi Jim,

thanks for pointing this out, I somehow missed this info. I guess I can live with it, even though it's inconvenient as I explained because of the RAID 1

In all three cases I attempted a restore using the previous version, chkdsk could not completely correct the problems and I had to restore an image via Macrium

newbino

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have everything on one disk, one partition and that drive is a Raid 0 configuration.

Neither any AX64 or Realcopy version has worked right for hot restores.

Pete

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

15. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I have the same configuration. I have never had a problem with AX64 hot restores. I am using Win 8.1 64 bit.

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I have Win7, 64-bit. Every version has worked for me so I jumped to the very latest since that is what AXdev recommended. My mouse always works but it is not connected via usb, if that makes any difference.

Acadia

17. Peter2150

What flavor of Raid 0 are you using?

18. Chamlin

Cool. Thanks, guys. I'll give it a go. (Mine is 64-bit.)

19. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

RAID 0 is on my 2 SSD Sata 3 6gb/s system drives. It is hardware RAID from an Intel controller on my motherboard.

20. Peter2150

Interesting. I've looked for newer drivers, but I think like yours mine is on the mother board. Strange indeed.

Pete

21. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Registered Member

Hardware, hardware...

Sometimes software programmers can only do so much :D

22. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

I have not referred to this thread for a while and im also new to this software, i see a lot mention of versions 1.3 and 1.4, iv been using 1.2.0.1120 on W7 64. Are these Windows 8.1 specific or betas? BTW how do you check for updates in the program GUI or do u simply download and install over previous versions. Cheers. Sry for the noob questions, Happy new year everyone.

23. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'm using W7 64x and have been installing all the updates over the top including the latest v1.4.0.19 with no problems. I think I've found links to all the updates here on this thread, including v1.2.0.1120 which Isso gave me. :cool:

24. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Right so the one available from the website is the latest stable while V 1.3 and 1.4 are betas? How will we know there is a stable release without checking this forum or the website repeatedly every month or so? Will there be a function in GUI to check for latest version?
    Regards,

25. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

In the past when a new version was released an e-mail was sent to those who had purchased the program and opted to receive e-mails from the publisher. Since the merger of the groups that publishes AX64 and RealCopy occurred I am not sure if this will occur for the next official release but I expect the odds are good that it will.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.