Introducing AX64 Time Machine - hybrid imaging/snapshot software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jan 18, 2013.

1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

I had downloaded it earlier today to have a back-up copy of the installer. After reading the above post, I just now went back and tried again. I do not have any issues doing so as it downloaded here with no problems. Interesting how some are having issues while others (including myself) have none.

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I agree with others that the AX64 .1120 build is not available to download currently. Interestingly, the .1131 and .1145 links aren't visible either. The 404 error appears in all cases. This could be a sign of changes afoot.

@puff-m-d, I suggest you clear the cache and try again.

3. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

I also can report that the download URL no longer works. I would also like to bring to attention that the Feedback URL no longer works.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the /other folder page is gone totally i dont get the 404 i get a "this page is available" type message

5. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

7. zfactor

i have it saved and backed up and i can upload it for anyone that needs it if i am allowed to do so here.

8. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

You can tell that they are changing their hosting service to JustHost.com, therefore it will take some time to properly move from one server to another one. First the Domain Name has to be moved.

Best regards,

Mohamed

9. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear Tony,

So is Wajamus saying that AX64 will quit working on all those machines which have Windows 8 installed on them now, in few days when they will automatically be upgraded to Windows 8.1 on October 17, 2013?

Best regards,

Mohamed

P.S. I couldn't find Wajamus post as it so deep buried in speculation and what not!

10. wajamus

wajamus Registered Member

Hi all,

Wow! Yes, we've switched hosting and it'll take sometime for everything to be up and running. You guys should have the shopping cart back as well as the download links available too.

Feedback page should be up again soon too.

AX64 and the current Realcopy for Windows 8.1 is not officially supported yet, so if you want to maintain a compatible AX64 it might be advisable to refrain from updating.

We'd like to get both apps supported for Windows 8.1, but we have our hands tied and limited resources. This is something important to us and we'll be on the job once we can focus our hearts on it. Sorry to those who want to update but also want to use ax64. We feel your pain.

Thanks,

Waj

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  11. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

I lost the installer for AX64 when I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows from scratch. I have a paid license serial number for AX64 but can't download it.

12. zfactor

which version do you need? if it goes down again shoot me a pm and ill get it to you.

13. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Both links work for me. The first opens a download and the 2nd brings me to the "Other" page where beta versions are available for download.

14. bgoodman4

WOW indeed.

Amazing how fast folks went from grateful AX64 was not dead and gone (and in many cases excited about a future with RCTM in it) to demanding everything be perfect as of yesterday. I would urge patience and if AX64 does not work on your system for a few weeks you might consider using whatever you would have used if Isso and Waj were not working together and AX64s future was still in limbo. Give these guys a chance eh!

15. wajamus

wajamus Registered Member

Thanks bgoodman4! The support means a lot. We do care about you guys and we do feel the pressure.

Download links should be up again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.ax64.com/other/
    http://www.ax64.com/temp/

Please remove any unofficial links guys.

Thanks,

Waj

16. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

The Feedback link from main page (top right) does not work.

Feedback and Support link (top left) works although the 'browse articles' link does not work once you get there.

17. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Very sensible and enlighten suggestion from you BG...we need to give Isso & wajamus space/time as you say...to get the new venture rolling forward.

18. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Interesting. Oh well, I'll just wait for our new RCTM. :cool:

19. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Reading this made me wonder if forum pressure made them put things up too fast and made errors! Then waste time fixing it. It's no wonder service is so bad in the 21st centry.

You guys are talking system recovery here so slow and sure is safer. Wait and be sure.

Mean while I will do what already been suggested use my present imaging tools and then after all the dust has settled test it on my surfing notebook.

20. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Everyone

Comment (part) from bgoodman::

""""WOW indeed.
    Amazing how fast folks went from grateful AX64 was not dead and gone (and in many cases excited about a future with RCTM in it) to demanding everything be perfect as of yesterday. I would urge patience and if AX64 does not work on your system for a few weeks you might consider using whatever you would have used if Isso and Waj were not working together and AX64s future was still in limbo. Give these guys a chance eh!:""""

I would say this in response. Broadly there seem to be two sorts of people in this thread, those who are fan boys (at any cost) and those who are sceptics, some at any cost.

Isso did an excellent job building a good fan base on superb service, particularly in the forum. Many swear by AX64 Time Machine including at least one respected moderator. My view is less generous, certainly about the actual product, AX64TM, (because of my set up) however I am very happy about Isso's service.

Then Isso went AWOL, no word, mumblings in the forum. Then Realcopy pops up out of the woodwork, suddenly, with all the rheteoric of a conversion to Islam. Bearing in mind the total lack of previous service from them, and arrogance. (Yes I spoke to Peter Nesic on several occasions hence the arrogance tag. Then suddenly we have a love in with Isso and everything is hunky dory. BUT it isn't, is it? The whole cycle starts over again. Redevelopment, doubt over pricing. Doubts over convergence objectives (of the two products) and we don't really know what forced the convergence, lots of speculation. Nothing quite as simple as it was before.

I think that Isso and Peter Nesic's response, to the changes are both glib and patronising to Wilders Community. Although as a number of posters point out. There could be long term benefits, but for the reasons outlined above I remain VERY VERY CAUTIOUS and sceptical about the joint response, which seem to me marketing speak smoke and mirrors.

I am frankly surprised that Isso has got himself aligned with this latest venture. Perhaps after all I should not be.

At the end of the day, despite my copious comments I simply have to wait and see. But let there be no doubt that Nesic and Isso are in the spotlight as never before. Isso had a lot of reserve currency. The new teams currency, in my view is seriously devalued (By their behaviour)

Terry

21. Werderforever

Werderforever Registered Member

Will the next update of AX64 the last/final Release or do you plan more updates before integrating into Real Copy?

And when can we expect this version? Hope that freezing problem is solved.

22. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

AAAAAHHHHHHHH, this thread is starting to make my brain ache. PLEASE, let's give these gents a chance to get things together. I know as consumers most of us want things done NOW! But life, especially software programing, does not work that way. Chill out, use your former favorite recovery programs, if you have to, like me, and let them be free of all this pressure.

QUALITY IS WORTH WAITING FOR.

Acadia

23. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Don't forget that you can use your present AX64 as long as you want, so there's no hurry for the next and last version or the new RCTM.

24. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Unless you upgrade to Windows 8.1...

25. bgoodman4

Caution is always a good idea (see my signature), so I have no quibble with your position. Still, the past is the past and going from a free program to one where the folks involved can make a capital return on their time. effort, and creativity, can, in some but not all cases (ie: Horizon Data Systems) make it possible to provide good/excellent support as well as a good/excellent product. I would also suggest that Issos inclusion in the team will likely improve support and development rather than leave it as it had been previously (in terms of RC). Of course only time will tell but I would rather wait and see (and for the present give these guys the benefit of the doubt) before throwing stones.

I would also, again, remind folks that it was very possible for AX64 to be dead and gone. As pointed out we do not know the details but really, its not our business to demand an explanation. It should be relatively clear that Isso has made what he feels is the best deal he could for himself and AX64. Why he may feel this is his business alone. A number of Wilders members did contribute (some more than others) and help but we were volunteers and Isso bore all the risk, and at the end of the day its his baby (creatively and otherwise) not ours.

In short, it is what it is and we should accept that. If I like the future RCTM product (including support) I will happily buy it and use it. If I do not like it I will try to find some other solution that will, hopefully work for me. Perhaps that solution will be the final release of AX64 or perhaps something else but passing judgment at this point makes no sense to me at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.