Introducing AX64 Time Machine - hybrid imaging/snapshot software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Oh please...gives us a break and spare us the profound (not) statements. :isay:

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

a) You have no facts to support that
    b) the product is in no way dangerous
    c) what is a novel customer.

Lastly this post is borderline slanderous. Any further posts along these lines will be removed!!!

Pete

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

My guess he means the word novice, and not novel. I notice his location is Spain, and, therefore, English may not be his native language.

4. Derson

Derson Registered Member

Ok, just an example. AX64 is a very simple software for installing, manage, intuitive one etc. Let say, my sister is a novice in all about computers, she install it and a time, Time Machine freeze...the computer not boot anymore.

Another imaging software are more sophisticated...and my sister never install it.

I like too much AX64, but for novice people may be an inconvenience that their computer does not boot properly.

Thanks

5. max2

max2 Registered Member

There a few trolls in here.

6. taotoo

taotoo Registered Member

That's not the reason since the equally "dangerous" trial is still available.

7. Derson

Derson Registered Member

Please moderator, banned me if you think I'm a troll, no problem at all.

8. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Oh Dear,

AX64 is by the far the easiest backup program by far.

The people calling it dangerous are more likely scared of computers and the tech world. I totally understand your frustration.

We are here to help you solve your tech problems and

for all we know Isso might be chilling having a well deserved holiday.

:cautious:

9. taotoo

taotoo Registered Member

Just to clarify - since you said 'people' - I certainly wasn't calling AX64 dangerous...

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

AX64 is the best thing since sliced bread. One of it's best features is its simplicity. The novice and the pro find it user friendly and well put together. Some of us are testing the beta version as we await the final release of the next version, and as expected with betas, there will be errors and BSODs at times. Folks who are not comfortable testing betas should stay with the current stable version. If your Sister is a novice, perhaps you should work with her so she doesn't make mistakes or install the beta in error.

11. ArbyAitch

ArbyAitch Registered Member

I think what Derson meant by "dangerous" is that for someone (novice) like his sister when a "hot" restore doesn't work, she or someone like her wouldn't know how to recover her/his system. Perhaps in his "English" he sounded like he was condemning AX64 as unusable (dangerous) or to some like he was trolling. I got the point that he is indicating ISSO has stopped selling licences until he fixes the "hot" restore function that sometimes doesn't complete. I realize too, that it is just his opinion. :cool:

12. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

Of course what adds to the mystery of this all is the fact that although he seems to be the lead developer of AX64 he's not the only one......I would have thought one of the others could\would have shed some light on what is going on and thus stop the inevitable speculation.

13. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Isso is the only one of that team to post here, as far as I know.

14. J_L

J_L Registered Member

LOL, Derson displays no knowledge of what backup means. It's simple, you only need it if the sole other option is failure anyways. Yet it's somehow worse having AX64 Time Machine when your system stops working properly... laughable.

Derson's argument only applies if AX64 fails significantly percentage-wise, which is obviously not the case (especially with Rescue Media).

15. Derson

Derson Registered Member

Guys, I'm just saying there are a lot of people out there without enough knowledge to solvent "reasonable" problems for us. Somebody tried Farstone RestoreIT 2013 ?, NO, I'm not spanning, in fact, I don't like this solution, but it has an easy way to restarting (hot) for "all people". Is just a comment.

Thanks

16. J_L

J_L Registered Member

That doesn't mean newbies are incapable of learning, I'd say AX64 is as easy as it can be. How is a similar software like FarStone RestoreIT 2013 easier? Seems to negate your own argument to me.

I don't know if it's language barriers, but AX64 Time Machine is not a toy, difficult for newbies, or even close to a disaster by itself.

17. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi JL,

Very well said!

FarStone RestoreIT 2013 is only half the program AX64. FarStone RestoreIT 2013 only contains the snapshot technology. To have the imaging technology one needs the FarStone Recovery PRO.

Thus, AX64 is two programs in one and it is the easiest program to use. FarStone used to have two technologies in one program, then they split the program into two to make more revenue.

Best regards,

Mohamed

18. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I would suggest that you are correct its not any way to run a business of any age. However if you think about it you may/will come to the same conclusion that I have and thats that there is something going on that we do not know about and for some reason we are not able to be privy to.

After watching this thread almost from the beginning I have developed a very high opinion of Isso and I am sure that if he were able to tell us whats going on he would. So it matters not at all that he has not put in an appearance here and explained whats going on. I am confident that when he is able to do so at some point, he will.

Hopefully whatever is causing the silence is not too serious. In this regard I hope its not health matters especially or family issues, but financial concerns etc may also be a problem, we just do not know.

In the mean time those of use who have been lucky enough to purchase (or get a free) copy of AX64 will be able to use it and those wanting to buy it will just have to wait until the dust clears, and I sincerely hope this will happen sooner rather than later.

19. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I respectfully disagree with you on this point. The thing that makes AX64 different from other imaging solutions is its ability to do a quick (hot) restore. I use it not only to recover from system problems but also to test software and system setting changes. By rolling back after testing a program I know everything that was done to the PC during the trial has been reversed.

So no, AX64 is not only for disaster recovery and I agree that someone who is not knowledgeable enough to know what to do if a hot (or even cold) restore failed would indeed be in a tough spot (and I have twice had to restore using 3rd party images since I began using AX64 - mind you I have done an inordinate number of restores so ,,,,,,,).

I would like to ask that we refrain from speculation and arguments. Lets focus on helping those who are having a problem with AX64 deal with them and lets, please, think good thoughts for Isso in this time of whatever difficulty he is experiencing.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  20. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Seconded...most heartily. Let's just stick to the subject...which is AXTM itself as an app. And if we have nothing more to say on the app for the time being...then let's not say anything. :blink:

21. Stode

Stode Registered Member

I did, and it goes directly to an answering machine.
    "Please leave your message at the tone."

22. legacy

legacy Registered Member

FarStone RestoreIT 2013 is only half the program AX64. FarStone RestoreIT 2013 only contains the snapshot technology. To have the imaging technology one needs the FarStone Recovery PRO.

Thus, AX64 is two programs in one and it is the easiest program to use. FarStone used to have two technologies in one program, then they split the program into two to make more revenue.

Aladdin,

Also Restore it, changes the mbr record. I don't like programs that mash the mbr. I do like farstones back up products, i use them a lot, however i will never use Restore it again. After i was hit with a virus that killed all my snapshots and trashed my system.

It felt really good, loading farstones pre op on boot and finding no snapshots and an unbootable machine, even in safemode. (Big Panic)

If farstone used an external drive for backups. Things could be different. Although i feel AX64 is a more solid product than Restore IT 2013

Farstone should sack Restore IT off and stick to images backups
    :cautious:

23. J_L

J_L Registered Member

My context is clear if you read Derson's posts.

Tough spot, huh? They'd be in a worse spot without a backup option. Doubt any newbies will be in a situation like yours.

I agree with that, but you're quoting the wrong person.

24. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I think that too, and did ask a question to the forum a few posts back, but it probably got missed because of all the speculation being posted. I did post again, linking to my original post, but that too got missed so I decided not to ask again.

25. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

No disrespect intended but this thread has become so melodramatic. Not to mention the speculations and unrelated topics brought in which are just plain unnecessary and unhelpful; more so in such a situation. It's not like Isso has disappeared for months...he did mention that he would come back and explain the situation. Going by his previous records here, one would know what type of dev he is. There's no need for conjecture. Those whom are more experienced should offer assistance to those in need. I honestly think a moderator should ystep in before this thread digress any further.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.