Introducing AX64 Time Machine - hybrid imaging/snapshot software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Isso

Isso Developer

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the screenshot. I'll check why daily backups are not retained for past week. For backup size - they seem very large to me. Are you running a background defragmenter or anything else that constantly writes to the drive?

Isso

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Avast has a Global exclusions page under settings where you can put your AX64.
    Maybe it would help if you put your firewall on Learning mode too, just for good measure.

3. William Johnson

William Johnson Registered Member

Balders (earlier post) and twl845:

Thank you. I'll give your suggestions a try.

4. Isso

Isso Developer

Hi David,

Nothing in the program has been changed that could affect the backup, so I believe is might be a temporary system glitch. Error C1000006 means cannot initialize VSS, so I guess a reboot might help. Same applies to system load - it should be exactly the same as in the previous version.

Isso

5. Isso

Isso Developer

Masterblaster,

All versions up to 1.9 included will be free to the holders of 1.x version license.
    The last 4 digit number is a build number and it uniquely identifies a particular version. In essence it's the total number of changes made to the program since the beginning of the development. So it likely won't be 9999 when we transition from 1.9 to 2.0.

Isso

6. Isso

Isso Developer

Kapiti,

Thank you. For truncated names - sorry, the fix applies only to the new customers, i.e. it prevents this problem from happening in the future. Sorry about it.

For Skip button - it may seem that it doesn't work, but it does. In fact there is some other initialization work happening besides network that must take place anyway, that's why cancelling the operation is not instant. Hope this helps.

Isso

7. Isso

Isso Developer

stapp,

If you just boot into recovery disk and do nothing - yes it will happen. If you boot and do a restore, it won't. Hope this helps.

Isso

8. Isso

Isso Developer

Hi atomomega,

It likely won't cause problems within that 2 days, but please update all machines to 1096 when you have a chance. Thank you and sorry for troubles.

Isso

9. Isso

Isso Developer

mata7,

Please let me know how 1096 works for you. Thank you

Isso

10. Isso

Isso Developer

Kapiti,

Sorry about that problem, we are currently working on it as I had a couple of freeze reports too. However it's not related to the latest version, but existed in 996 too.

Panagiotis - thank you for the idea, I'll implement it.

Isso

11. Isso

Isso Developer

twl845,

Thank you very much, I'm happy to hear it. The backup and restore times look high to me though. What are the backup sizes? Thank you

Isso

12. Isso

Isso Developer

ratchet,

You can use your serial number anytime you wish, it has no expiration.

For backups - all your assumptions are absolutely correct.

Isso

13. Isso

Isso Developer

William,

You are right, and thank you for suggestion. Next time we'll use another release procedure to avoid this type of problems. Please consider to update to 1096.

Isso

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  14. Isso

Isso Developer

roady,

Thank you for purchasing the program! Overall we had a pretty successful event on BitsDuJour, the folks there seemed to like AX64.

Isso

15. Isso

Isso Developer

sdmod,

Great comments, thank you. I'm too thinking now about releasing a beta every time we make major modifications.

Isso

16. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I just deleted the AXTM folder and started fresh, so I don't have those backup sizes any more. However, backups are typically about 3 or 4 minutes doing them manually about once a day or two for me. I think you're looking at the time of the restore I did above. That's not considered a long time for a restore is it? :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  17. noons

noons Registered Member

Any chance wilders members can still obtain the 50% off? Unfortunately I missed this deal since work took over most of my life last week.. :doubt:

18. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Hi Isso - thanks for the reply.

I have upgraded to 1096 now. The system load has reduced to 8-10% cpu so can continue to use the Opera without the slowdown. I did an incremental data backup which took 7 mins for about 650,000KB. Guess it stays out of the way whilst I am using other programs.

I deleted the system backups to get rid of any possible corruption in that series and will try another series over the next few days.

19. William Johnson

Isso:

Sorry if you already covered this but I upgraded to 1096. However, my recovery CD is probably 1.1.096 or something like that.

Do I need to burn a new recovery CD since its only purpose if a catastrophic recovery?

Thanks

20. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

21. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Hi Isso

Not doing so well with 1096.

Today I tried to do an incremental on my system disk. This is the first incremental on a new baseline.

1. AX froze at 44%. Cancel button changed but no result. After a few more minutes I tried to close it but had to use Windows (8/64 Pro) to shut it down.

2. Tried again this time freezing at 18%. Then same as above.

3. Tried again but this time would not start at all. Tried to reboot the computer but it would not shut down, so had to force a reset.

4. Tried again after rebooting and froze again at 18%. Gave up at this stage installed a program. This program froze at the start of the installation. Windows would not reboot so had to force a restart. On restart I carried on installing the othe program and it completed in a few seconds.

Obviously AX is causing some conflict somewhere. Let me know what info you need from me.

Current free space on the backup drive is 672GB

When I deleted the backups mentioned in my previous post, it was done via the AX explorer.

22. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Hi Isso,

All 4 systems updated. :thumb: Thanks a lot.

23. puff-m-d

Hello David,

I think Isso needs a little help tracking bugs per Post # 2891, so you may want to create a ticket and attach your logs as outlined in that post.

24. William Johnson

Kent.....

I thought I read something about this but couldn't find it again.

Thank you

25. puff-m-d

Hello William,

No problem as it has become a bit hard to find things in this tread...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.