Internet Security Warning

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MGadAllah, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGadAllah

MGadAllah Registered Member

Hi
    I've just installed NOD32 as fine and I am using outlook express to access my emails, but as soon as I installed the application I start to get a warning message as follow:
    untitled.JPG
    Really it is disturbing me a lot so how to disable it as it is annoying me a lot to keep hit yes each time outlook express check email.
    Also this happened with MS Outlook
    Please advise

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The warning doesn't come from NOD32.
    When exactly does this message come from ? When using OE => sending/receiving emails ? From time to time (doing nothing specifically) ?

3. MGadAllah

Before I've installed NOD32 nothing happened and sending and receiving were working as fine.
    Now after I've installed it ... Each time I hit send and receive or when it is done automatically I've got this error message.
    How to disable such a thing?
    Thanks

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can try to disable the NOD32 integration in Outlook Express

From the advanced setup tree

mailclintegr.png

However , I think the message has nothing to do with ESET NOD32 , it was just a coinsidense that it started to appear after you installed the program . Check your OE settings (Tools -> Options) or your email account settings

5. MGadAllah

I've tried to play with all settings in outlook express and really nothing changed.
    I tink it is not wise to use outlook express with out a security tool ;)
    Also the attachement is not accessable.
    Please advise what can I do else?
    Thanks

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello again!

Please , uninstall NOD32 and report back if this makes any difference (will this message continue to appear)

If they stop and you haven't changed anything else , it could be NOD32 issue and someone from ESET could comment .

If the message remains , you can continue investigating but not here because this is ESET Official forum . You can contact Microsoft Support (http://support.microsoft.com) or post in MS newsgroups/forum for more help.

This is what I personally would do.

Greetings!:thumb:

7. MGadAllah

You mean to do not post here any more for this issue?
    Sorry for disturbing.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , sorry , you misunderstood me . You can post as much as you want :thumb: I mean you can post in another forum/subforum/create another thread,etc... Moderators will decide ... Sorry , I guess I wrote it incorrectly ... :)

Please , try to uninstall NOD32 and report back what happens

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd say there is a problem saving the server's certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store for some reason, but I can't tell why. This should have nothing to do with ESS/EAV, but you can try uninstalling it for testing purposes to make sure.

10. MGadAllah

Really thanks a lot for both of you.... I like how things run here and the help I've found here ;)
    I've installed a new XP and guess what ... this message now are appearing just for the 1st time when it check emails and no longer till I close the client. Wait a second ... I think this is happening due to some updates from Microsoft because I remember that when I opened windows update that there was an update regarding the root certificate or something a like ... I guess I will need to install XP again to check this correctly ... but now I guess it is not nod32 at all because this is happening only at the 1st time I open the client.
    Thanks indeed ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.