Internet Security Suites

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by wakkoguy, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakkoguy

wakkoguy Registered Member

I'm sure this question has been asked but I could not find the answer. Which security suite out there is the best? I've heard Trend Micro's is good. But there are no reviews for the 2006 version.

2. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello :),

Trend Micro as far as for a firewall I've heard is just OK. The antivirus as well.

McAfee I personally had problems with as far as slow boot up times, and the antivirus is not that great. I mean its good, but I wouldn't call it excellent.

Norton I had problems with galore, so I'd stay away.

Since your asking for the best suite, I just thought to give you my experiences above :). But, personally I'd say ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. Its got a pretty good firewall, and antivirus is OK again.

Myself, I prefer products from various companys because if you ever need to turn off the firewall, well... your turning off the antivirus too (usually).

Good luck :) and see what other people say. The people here at Wilders probably could tell you more info than I can because I am still learning about computers, etc.

3. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

This sounds bad but I think you will find out that this question will have many answers. Most people will say the best suite is the one they use and thus unfortunatly in the end it is best to try them all and see what works best for you and that will be the best suite (for you).

Thanks,

Chris

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have F-secure Internet security 2005 and trendmicro internet suite 2005 and norton internet security 2005 and Without hesitation I would recomend norton for it's lightness and detection and it actually uses less resources than the other two by quite a bit. trendmicros TMproxy is a major resource hog, it uses more than the entire norton suite.

5. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

i think Zone Alarm Internet security suite is the BEST EVER!!!!i' using it..

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

The only suite I've been impressed with is Kaspersky Internet Suite 2006. It's still in beta, but not for that much longer, I don't think. The "Proactive Defense" may be a bit complex for the average user, but it's turned off easily enough. After that, though, I really do prefer to use individual components. You can usually find all of the equivalant parts for much less than you'd pay for a full suite.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I think alot of less-knowledgeable users will buy Security Suites in the future and it won't matter if some parts of the suite are lesser good. These users want easyness and are tired of too many security softwares on their computer.
    Isn't that normal, if security isn't your job or hobby and you only want to work or play with your computer.

The security companies realized this and that's why they created security suites as quick as possible. They couldn't even wait to create their own firewall or AV or AS. They got them from somewhere else.

I don't have any preference, because I don't like definition/heuristic-based softwares.
    My security suite for the future will be "ZoneAlarm Free + ShadowUser".
    So I would most probably vote for the ZoneAlarm Security Suite, if they don't give me any other choice.

8. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

I agree!!! same with me!! I'm using Zone Alarm Security Suite + ShadowUser.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Good combination man !!!
    I will start a little more extreme than you, because ZoneAlarm Free is a pure firewall without AV/AS. So I put all my trust in ShadowUser.
    If I was sure enough, I would have ditched ZoneAlarm Free too, but I want ShadowUser to have a partner :D
    Time will prove, if I need more protection than these two. It will be an interesting experiment and totally different from the classical solutions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.