Internet Secuity Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by furanku, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furanku

furanku Registered Member

Which forum section do I ask a question about this?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello furanku,

Welcome to Wilders. Other anti-malware software should work. You post has been moved to the forum.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  3. furanku

furanku Registered Member

Hi
    There are several Internet Security Suite's out there like Norton, Trend Micro etc which do much the same thing.

What a want to know is how much are the subscription fees each year for these programs. Why not tell me what you own and how much your subscription (renewal) fee is.

4. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

I own AVG IS.

Cost: 69.95 USD
    Renewal: 50% Discount
    Subscription: 2 Years

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Welcome furanku to Wilder's Forum.

It might of interest to you to carefully consider KAV6. I only recently took in onboard and have never been more satisfied with any security suite as i've found then this one. But to each his own.

It's worth every penny of an investment when you want to protect your good machine and prevent possible problems that could happen with it.

All The Best Friend.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the suite is called kis6.0
    kasperskyIS

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

KIS- Kaspersky Internet Security, I will recommend too. Don,t know the price. Ladore should tell.
    Just run a trial first before u buy, to see if there are any issues on ur machine in case.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think u means KIS as the OP asked a suite.

9. Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Dr. Lucien Sanchez Registered Member

I personally don't use it, but what I've been told by a massive amount of users and the small amount of experience I've had with it, Kaspersky Internet Suite (KIS) is definitley the one to go for.

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I would also try KIS 6 first. If it does not run well, try F-Secure. Some find it too heavy on resources, but some of us don't experience that. It is an excellent application if you do not find it uses more resources that you will accept.

At this point in time, F-Secure AV 2007 is running better than the latest version of KAV6 which is MP2.

Best,
    Jerry

11. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

JerryM

why isn't KIS running well for you?
    Are there any problems?

12. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I know it's not the suite but if your leaning towards Kaspersky, i saw on another site this morning that KAV 6.0 if free after 2 mail in rebates:thumb:

13. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am running KAV, but here is a quote from the post on Kaspersky forums.

I was running a full scan with the option of "Scan only ..files" an left for awhile. When I returned there was a notification that Kaspersky had encountered a problem and had to shut down.
    The system was frozen and I had to shut off power to shut down. I restarted but KAV and other programs did not show in the tray as active, and I again had to shut down, although I could do it through START.

I again started the system and got the following message.

This is the same as one I got when I first installed MP2, and at least one other user has had the same notification.
    I wonder if I should go back to .411 until some bugs are worked out so that I can use it?

Or maybe unnstall and reinstall, but I wonder if this is a bug that the developers need to work out?

End Quote

I have noticed at least a couple of others with similar problems. I also experienced one or two failures to start. So I returned to MP1 and it is running fine, as it did before I updated to MP2.

The thread is here.
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=30776

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.