Internet Options

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by blacksheepe, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheepe

blacksheepe Registered Member

Here is a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to:
    I have Win98 on a computer. Ever since i installed SpywareBlaster and Spybot I can't access my Internet Options under tools! I keep getting the message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
    On my WinXP computer I was able to use system restore and then reload the programs. But on Win98 there is no such function!
    Can anyone help me? o_O

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello blacksheepe
    A possible solutuion is found here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310049

Which o/s and browser version are you using? Are you using XP and 98SE on the same computer or do you have two different computers?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi blacksheepe,

Given the description it sounds like you set one of the options on the Spybot S&D Immunize screen. See the image. If you uncheck that option, you'll get access to that option again.

[​IMG]

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

- Original image source: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=8321

4. blacksheepe

blacksheepe Registered Member

Thanks!! I corrected the problem with your help. My options is now back the way it was
    :)

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Glad to hear everything is fine now. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.