Internet Explorer: Best Of Both World's?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by GlobalForce, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Greeting's lurker's, Wilder folk!

I'd be interested to hear from any of you who have set IE7 to run standalone, that is, not replace IE6? Because of no current ISP for my home machine, I am unable to test neither security (though many system dll's are loaded), nor web rendering. Comment's, addition's? I can say it does load and with only the slightest difference in memory consumption between the two (IE7 higher, keeping in mind this is offline).

Screenshot:

• IE7 (background)
    • Built in extract switch
    • Self-explanatory
    • Removed files
    • Created text file

*Note: Yes, the instruction's say "Create a new text file called iexplore.exe.local" which is exactly how it should be saved ....
    against Window's complaint about being *unusable,* and WITHOUT it's normal .txt extension.

This fine (so far) workaround brought to you courtesy "risherz," and TechRecipes. :cool:
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/internet_explorer_ie7_tips1188.html

GF

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thanx GF for the link; i can finally try IE7 w/o installing it.

being a beta, its not very stable (maybe cause i tried running standalone?) and of course, its buggy (advanced option blank).

also i dont like the new look. it also doesnt seem to be very customizable. i wanna change it look more like IE6/Firefox, but the menu bar stays below teh address/search bars. dragging doesnt have any affect either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.