Internet Explorer 8 takes longer than expected to start: (spybot impact)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

This issue can be caused if there are damaged or incompatibilities with installed Internet Explorer add-ons. This behavior may be more visible in Internet Explorer 8 due to changes in the way that Internet Explorer
    8 handles the internet zones list.

This issue can also be caused if using Spybot and the Spybot immunization feature is enabled.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969938/en-us

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Something already know, and which I related to Microsoft, as soon as the final version came out.
    This behavior was not found in Release Candidate.

I also must say that it is not a strict issue with Spybot - Search & Destroy. It happens if people add, at least, more than 10000 entries to the Internet Explorer 8 Security Zone. It could be our own customizable list, IE-Spyad, you name it.

I was told they were going to try to solve this issue, but, it seems Microsoft decided not to, and to blame the author of Spybot, and other alike mechanisms we may use.

I remember to see mentioned by Microsoft that they considered Spybot's preventive measures to be somewhat useless, considering that malware, or most of it, is constantly changing domains. While it is true for many, it also true that it won't for many other malware out there.

But, such preventive measures being useless, then why is Microsoft also blocking access to malicious domains? Makes sense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.