Internet Download Manager and NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by robwaddle, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robwaddle

robwaddle Registered Member

Hi there!

Noob to this board :D have just been searching, but can't find my query here.

Soooooooo...

To download files, I use Internet Download Manager. When it finishes, and reassembles the bits of file, NOD runs. It then puts a screen up telling me if the scan is OK. I have to manually reply to this, by clicking on "Quit".

In my previous sad existence, when I used some kit made by a guy named Peter Somebody:D , I could enter a line into IDM which allowed the AV to automatically close if no nasties were found. From memory, I used a Command Line Prompt of "/ NORESULTS" to do this.

My question:

Can I do something similar using NOD32? I really like the program, but it's so annoying having to tell the system, that YES as there's no infection....
    ....Carry on.

Many Thanks for any advice on this.

Rob :blink:

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Yes you can do this using the parameter "/quit+". Also if you start the file nod32.exe and click the help button there is a "command line parameters" where you can read about all the available parameters.

3. robwaddle

That works a treat!!

Thanks a lot.

Rob :cool:

4. robwaddle

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... having used IDM a bit, I'm not convinced that this is working: there seems to be no pause between the download ending and the "open" box appearing. Also, I'm not getting downloads showing in the scanner log.

Any suggestions please?

R

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

In the Virus scanner program field you should have something like this:
    C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

In the command line parameter field you should have something like this:
    [File] /quit+"

Maybe you have more command line parameters here, but the important part is to start with [File] or it won't work. As soon as you add some command line parameters it stop working unless you include the [File] parameter. Also do NOT use " around the path and filename in the Virus program scanner field.

When working you should see a message in the IDM download dialog when the download in finished that says "Virus scanning file"....or somthing like that.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  6. robwaddle

That's more like! Thx again.

Rob ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.