Internet Connection Help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by kmenchaca78, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmenchaca78

kmenchaca78 Registered Member

My internet connection goes from active to inactive....seems like its refreshing or restarting, in the task window ipconfig.exe pops up when this is being done! Any clue as to what it might be?

Win XP Home Ed.

Have run SBC Yahoo Online Protection....Anti-Spy and Anti-Virus
    Run SpyBot S&D....found about 10 different things but did not finish as for some reason the scan took about 4 hours and still didnt finish, stoped scan and just fixed the problems it found.

Any help would be great.....Thanks

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

How are you connected to the internet.

Is it Dial Up. Cable, DSL.

And if it is DSL is it through a USB External modem, or Ethernet/USB Router.

3. kmenchaca78

SBC Yahoo is a DSL and it is connect with a Router to the ethernet card.

4. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

Is this a new problem or one that's always happened with your setup?

5. kmenchaca78

First time.....let me explain what happen.

I use Sbybot S&D, i hadnt run it in a long time so i decided to go ahead and do it. Tried to updated but it wouldnt do so i guess because its version 1.3 so i decided to go ahead and uninstall it and install 1.4........yes i should have just installed 1.4 over 1.3, prolly would have never had this problem if i had done so.....BUT, i uninstalled 1.3 and almost immediately popups, things tring to install, bunch of dong sounds :rolleyes: , and last but not least the refreshing of the network or restarting or what ever the hell its doing started to happen.

I quickly installed 1.4 and ran scan......took about 4 hours and still wasnt complete so i stoped it and just fixed what it had found. Problem is still there, popups are gone...have some strange tool bar on my windows (I click my computer and the window that pops up has a tool bar...well all of the windows that pop up when clicked have the tool bar aswell) like im in IE window!

6. kmenchaca78

network is acquiring a new address every 20-30 seconds!! did the general clean with no luck.....how ever anti-trojan found a couple of things that where embedded and asked me if i wanted to delete them, didnt want to delete it because it was in the Yahoo folder that my SBC DSL runs from. Should i delete anyways?

7. kmenchaca78

Nevermind post......Used Winsock XP Fix and fixed my problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.