Interesting Quirk with 2009 Install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobmitch, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

Decided to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Things going along smoothly until I installed TI2009. Two things happened:

1. My internet icon on the tray no longer shows flourescent blue to acknowledge connected to internet via my Gigabit LAN. Still connected

2. This one is really confusing. After installing TI2009, my Epson RX595 (all in one with card readers) worked, but the drive that installs itself no longer existed. Example...When I install the printer...the scanner software, printer software all install properly and the built in card reader shows up as Drive E
    The card reader is considered a drive by Windows. Once I install TI...drive E no longer exists as a drive...and I get a yellowed out "Generic Drive" in device manager....

So far, I have uninstalled TI2009 and my E drive re-appeared

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Bob

2. bobmitch

Updated info. If I uninstall TI...the printer re-appears....re-install and it disappears...

Odd

3. bobmitch

what a waste! Went back and did a total install of Vista again. This time, installed TI 2009 before I installed my printer....same result. Looks like it's back to TI10 for me. I e mailed Acronis support....might take days...but needed to make sure that I could backup with TI 10 and restore using TI 2009 recovery disk

Otherwise...TI 2009 is a waste, and I will have to take advantage of my 30 day refund

Bob

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Apparently many are having the same issue with USB peripherals and TI 2009 Home. Check Out this thread and the one linked within this thread....https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=222323

5. bobmitch

Chatted with Anthony at Acronis...here is his temporary workaround

Anthony: - Find the following branches:

Anthony: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (PartMgr tdrpman140 snapman380)

Anthony: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters (VolSnap tdrpman140 snapman380 timounter)

Anthony: - Please delete tdrpman140 values from the registry

I am gonna try it now...will keep you all posted

6. bobmitch

Vista Blue screens and I can no longer access Vista...not even in safe mode. Total mess...gonna have to install Vista AGAIN! The only other workaround is to install TI 2009....create a recovery CD and use it to back up and restore your drive. Only downside is that you miss out on many of the windows features...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  7. bobmitch

Some have found a workaround...I find the blue screen of death. Went to Acronis Customer Service and requested a refund. Now just have to wait for someone to contact me. This is the worst version of TI I have tried to date

8. bobmitch

Many have used the workaround and it worked. Is there something I did wrongo_O?

Explicitly...if you successfully DID this fix and it worked...what did you delete...just the tdrpman140 or the whole line? I have also heard of a third line not mentioned in Anthony's response to me...o_O??

The only way I can backup right now is to use the Recovery CD...and, yes...it works

Bob

9. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I'm always concerned about commenting about Registry changes so be very careful making changes and a stong suggestion would be to backup the Registry before proceeding. Using XP, SP3 this is what I see for his first suggestion (he referenced two lines).

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.