Interaction of excludes between modules

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DesertRat, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

I'm using NOD32 v2.7 (2.70.39) with Windows XP Professional SP3.

I've never quite understood the following interactions:

1) If a folder is excluded in AMON will it also be ignored by an on-demand scan such as in-depth analysis, or by a context-menu scan?

2) If a folder is excluded in AMON, what does this mean for specific compatibility settings in IMON for the specific program that uses the AMON-excluded folders?

3) Regardless of compatibility settings for a specific program, does ANY program have complete freedom to use the excluded folder unmolested by NOD32?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

If you exclude a file or a folder from AMON's scanning, only AMON will exclude it.

In v2.7 you can't exclude a file or folder from the on-demand scanner, "per se". You could however create a profile naming all files and folders you wanted to be scanned and not include the ones you didn't.

That would be the only way.

Thank you,
    BFG

3. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

Okay, BFG. That makes sense.

Really, I DO NOT want to exclude the folder from on-demand scanning, so I'm relieved. Once example of what I'm trying to accomplish is a download folder for Azureus. I excluded the folder and all subfolders in AMON, and made sure Azureus and Azureus instances of Java were in compatibility mode in IMON. This seems to work just fine. HOWEVER, once the run was comlete and the files finished I wanted to demand scan them for viruses.

You tell me that demand scanning is not affected by AMON settings, so I should be in good shape.

Thanks for the info.

DesertRat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.