Intel’s 9th generation processors rumored to launch October 1st with 8 cores

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Aug 12, 2018.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

By Tom Warren@tomwarren Aug 12, 2018

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Wake me up when they release a new CPU that fixes some of the current security issues instead of just making the exploits run faster...

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

:argh:

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

LOL good one. I also hope these new CPU's will not become an excuse to make websites and browsers even more bloated.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

:D
    I'm sure they will. When you consider that my current PC has 3,000 times the processing power, 1,000 times the RAM, and 3,000 times the disk capacity of my Windows 95 PC and isn't any faster then I don't expect this to change. I'm not saying it isn't any better, but it does not complete tasks any faster.

I could use a new laptop after 9 years of use but I am not buying one until they come out with a generation of CPU that addresses these issues.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm in your corner. Just wanting them to fashion a high powered CPU generation processor that can make Windows 8.1 launch into orbit.

It's really quite fairly fast as is on circa hardware, but would really be a windfall if performance was off-the-charts from better technology that wouldn't bog it down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.