Intel Security to replace McAfee brand

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by siljaline, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

McAfee is junk anyways and Intel Security will suck anyway

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! nsm0220...With Intel's Financial Clout...and expertise...don't sell them short. I like a lot of members haven't been impressed with the Product...but given the chance Intel as mentioned has the resources and expertise to build an excellent app. I'll sit back this year and see what develops...Stay Tuned! Sincerely...Securon

3. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

In my 35 years of working as an engineer, more large companies use McAfee that any other name...maybe they just had a good marketing-sales department but they were very visible. I'm talking companies with over 35,000 employees (not all using computers obviously but many did). Time will tell!

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Were McAfee's corporate products the same as their retail products? Corporate security products are typically centrally managed and supported so that users don't have to deal with them, and sometimes they are completely different from the retail apps.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Home products were rather mediocre. But the Enterprise version was always highly regarded. And i also liked it when i tried it years ago. I think it was McAfee Enterprice 8.5.

6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

- Juliet in 'Romeo and Juliet'; William Shakespeare

7. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

You guys really want to use an AV product that has been revealed to largely be a spying tool of the NSA?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-14/u-s-agencies-said-to-swap-data-with-thousands-of-firms.html
    Intel Corp. (INTC)’s McAfee unit, which makes Internet security software, regularly cooperates with the NSA, FBI and the CIA, for example, and is a valuable partner because of its broad view of malicious Internet traffic, including espionage operations by foreign powers, according to one of the four people, who is familiar with the arrangement.

8. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I wouldn't use it because there better AVs out there for free.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Same here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.