Intel 4000 Integrated Graphics and Intel IGFXPERS.exe process question!

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ratchet, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I built a PC utilizing an Ivy Bridge core i5 3570K CPU. The 4000 integrated graphics are all I use (need). Is there any reason not to disable IGFXPERS.exe? Thank you!

2. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

Well, I found this -- http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/igfxpers/18695/ -- While all the text here is generic; this applies.

"On UMPCs this process is essential if you run the display in a scaled resolution, i.e. any other resolution than the native screen resolution (which is 800x480 for all the 2006 era UMPCs with 7-inch touch screen displays). When you shut down/standby/hibernate the UMPC, this process will return the display resolution to 800x480 so that when it restarts the display will be synchronized with the touch screen resolution. If you disable this process, then the screen will not be dropped to the native resolution and when you restart, your touch screen and display will be scaled differently."

I have the process running on my ancient lappy and it has produced no issues.
    You know, the old days of picking through processes to save memory and performance are pretty much gone and done with. But I'm sure this pasttimes satisfies some Borg-like quest for the perfect system that some people seem to exhibit.

It's alright if you want to sit around dicking and tuning a system till the cows come home. Having had done it for many years I won't argue the benefits of process elimination on a marginally spec'd machine. Today's i7 and i5 cpu's can handle just about anything. But now more so than ever systems get borked when people start deleting these processes. Applications and the O/S are intertwined a hella-lot more today than ever before and who knows what tasks and drivers are needed?

So unless something is playing nasty boy, just let it be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.