Intel 11 Gen and AMD 5900X compatybility Issue

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Jun 10, 2021.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

It seams that some new mitigation policies windows 10 uses on platforms with Intel 11 Gen CPU's or AMD 5900X CPU's cause issues with sandboxie, particularly when trying to run Chroum 90+ and many derivatives.

See: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-0-7.436454/page-15 and ongoing

Since I unfortunately don't have such a machine on hand right now, I wanted to ask if there is someone here with the right hardware and could set up an empty windows for me I could get remote control of, install visual studio and debug the issue on the affected hardware.

I would assume that the new stack protection features are also available inside a Virtual Machine so a empty windows 10 VM on the right hardware would probably also work.

Cheers
    David X.

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Thanks for your stupendous job. You're amazing. One man show. Efficiency. Quality.

This is real love for Sandboxie.

3. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

He doesn't say specifically which CPU he is using, but I suspect this dude has affected hardware given his description of what does and doesn't work for him, and the error details he is getting: https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/issues/225#issuecomment-859914312

I'd ask him myself but I can't remember the details of the github account I made many moons ago lol. (May need to make another...)

It's a very old and actually unrelated thread that he's used to post in, but his comment is only 7 days old, and perfectly describes behaviour I see on my 11th gen with Sandboxie and all Chrome browsers except for Edge.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021 at 7:32 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.