Int.Exp. 7 Blocking Ewido?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ih8spyware, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ih8spyware

ih8spyware Registered Member

:eek:Ever since I installed IE7, my Ewido online scanner no longer downloads. I am freaking out, bec. Ewido was the ONLY anti-malware program that purged the gobs of spyware from my CompuServe files. None of the others I use accomplished that (Spywareblaster, Webroot, Spybot, Lavasoft). Everytime I go online, CompuServe imports at least 8, but usually at least 13 and many times 23 tracking cookies. Ewido is also the only one that catches stuff that nestles into my "Dox & Settings." I DESPERATELY need to be able to get Ewido back. Can anyone rescue me? (I use McAfee, which is compatible with Ewido.)

Many thanx in advance for any help.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i can confirm this but am unable to get it working.

the only suggestion i can offer is to use the ewido micro scanner.

3. ih8spyware

Fuser, thanx 4 your prompt reply. :) 2 questions, tho: when you say "I can confirm this," do you mean that you yourself have had the same problem with Ewido (or you've heard about other folks with that problem)? And 2ndly, are ultrashare's files guaranteed to be spyware-free? (Because I've heard that many shareware sites are dangerous.:( )

4. WSFuser

yes i do mean ive experienced the same problem.

as for the file, it was uploaded by me and it is clean.

5. ih8spyware

Excellent, Fuser! Thanx very much again! :D

6. ih8spyware

Fuser, I think there might have been a misunderstanding: I can get the online scanner from Ewido (as I always did before it would download the signatures and then allow me to scan), but the problem is, the thing no longer downloads the signatures; it just stays empty, the way it is when you first come to the page. I've appended a snapshot of what I mean.

Ewido.JPG

7. WSFuser

the ewido micro scanner is an alternative u can use instead of using the online scanner.

like i said, i dont know how to fix the problem with the online scanner.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

9. ih8spyware

Fuser and HiTech, you guys are real troupers to bear with this computer-clutz. :blink: Thanx for all your help. I also appreciate the URLs for IE7.

So OK, I am now indeed downloading the micro-scanner (almost half done). Questions, please: how will I access it each time I want to scan? And will it "stay" in my computer, the way ad-aware and spybot do, or will I have to "refresh" it every time like I did with the online scanner? And is it only a one month trial version, or is it permanent?

On pins and needles to try it out,

Spywareh8r

10. WSFuser

u just have to double-click teh file to start it.

like the online scanner, it does download the definition files each time though.

and btw it is free.

11. ih8spyware

Hooray! The micro-scan worked fabulously! Within the first 3 seconds, it immediately nabbed a cookie in my "dox & settings" and then it proceeded to lasso 16 other culprits in those durn CompuServe files. I'm doing cartwheels!

Thanx again, Fuser & Hi-Tech, for your invaluable aid. On the Super Information Highway, you guys were my "AAA" roadside service!:) :) :) :) :)

12. ih8spyware

HELP!!!

Now, even the micro-exe won't work anymore.:eek: :thumbd: I'm absolutely desponnnndent!:'( :'( :'( Nothing else works for me like Ewido. Could I simply go back to IE6?

Drowning in trackware,

Spywareh8r

13. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

ih8spyware,

What Windows OS are you running (with service pack number)? Are you running AVG 7.5.0.50 or what? I have IE 7 on my XP-SP2 Home Edition with AVG 7.5.0.50 and am not experiencing any blocking problems. What other security programs are you running REALTIME along side each other at the time this blocking problem occurs?

Yes you can go back to IE6 but that does not really assist tracking down what the root problem is.

14. ih8spyware

Silicon, I had no problems at all till I downloaded IE7 (see the very first post at this thread). I'm using all the same stuff as before: WinXP SP2, McAfee, Spysweeper, Spybot, Spywareblaster. Nothing has changed except IE7. Originally, with all that same gear, I was successfully using the Ewido Online Scanner

http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

Then, when that stopped functioning, as per Hi-Tech and Fuser's advice, I also successfully engaged

http://download.ewido.net/ewido_micro.exe

15. siliconman01

ahhh...okay...the fog is cleared from my brain.:eek:

I suspect that the AVG techs need to revise scripts to get the online scanner download to work on IE7.

16. ih8spyware

Ok, guess I'll just have 2 wait till they do that. Thanx much!

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ih8spyware

Hi , have you tried now . Some days ago I also couldn't run EwidoMicro / download the definitions .

Now it is ok . I use IE6 .

Ewido's online scanner might not run because it depends on IE , v7 might be incompatible . However the micro scanner doesn't depend on IE .

I suggest you make sure you open Control Panel -> Folder options -> choose "View" tab and make sure you choose/check Show hidden files and folders

Goto C:\Documents and Settings\*USER*\Local Settings\Temp and make sure you delete all files and folders from that temp folder

Now run Ewido Micro and try to use it :thumb:

18. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I have IE7 installed, but I use Firefox 2 for browsing. I have no problems with AVG anti-spyware.

19. WSFuser

@Biscuit - we're referring to the online scanner and ewido micro.

20. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My firewall had a warning saying something called E was trying to activate i blocked it and could not download updates i enabled it and it downloaded. So see if you firewall is blocking some apps and enable some to see if that is what you need to download the updates.

21. siliconman01

AVG 7.5 AntiSpyware online scanner appears to be fixed now for IE7. I put http://*.ewido.net in the Trusted Sites list of IE7 and all went as planned.

22. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Oops! I'll get my coat.... :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.